Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite sets/sessions/work outs in the gym , Post'm.

Curious what all everyone uses or feels benifits them greatly in Jits and martial arts in general. Is their a certain single set you've found that works great ? share it ! Have a monday through sunday routine ? Lets hear it. Getting bored with the same shit and looking for some new ideas.

Nonstop set of
    15 decline pushups followed by 15 incline and 10 regular and 10 diamond(diamond usually goes to failure)
    then
    30 elbow to knee situps on the decline bench then 30-40ish regular
    then
    20 squats wide 20 squats about a foot closer together then 20 squats feet perpendicular to shoulders (if that's too easy hold a medicine ball in your hands, if that's too easy a plate)
    then
    30-40 calf raises on elevated platform with a 45lb plate in each hand
    then
    pullups to failure

repeat 3 times

nice little full body workout. not as good a workout for jitz as actually doing jitz, but much more useful than something like pec flies.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    I like to Bench heavy... walk around for 10-15 min mad dogging everyone, do it again then leave.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Whatever you do, keep it varied from week to week. Mix it up with bear crawls, crab walks, sprawls, push ups, medicine ball work, swiss ball work, ab roller, roll outs, backward rolls, shrimps etc. The constant variation keeps your body "guessing" and having to adapt *ie growth/performance increase.* Keep it fun, keep it fresh, and put on your favorite workout music while doing it, and some classical once in a while to mix it up.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    The only workouts I do are related to mobility, body awareness, agility, and explosive power. At first I just played around with it cause its fun then I saw this video which is the closest thing to my warm-up Ive seen. I dont have the bars though. They would help your grip and back, and again, agility.
    I also do a lot of handstand and cartwheel work, which is a lil more caporeira influenced. All go no show muscle.

Thanks for the info guys, some good material to avoid making my work outs a "routine" love to hear some more.

Taylor, I always try dogging peeps at my local gym, but I always get busted up on by the Jr. High kids for moving to close to there Set, seriously man these little bastards be rep'n like 105lbs bench easy. Next time I'm down in Omaha Ill take some pointers.

Derek tried rep'n some shit with me last time he was up in the North hood, trying to help me work on my intimidation kung fu, but he just kept saying I was lacking in some area...

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    I like to Bench heavy... walk around for 10-15 min mad dogging everyone, do it again then leave.
    don't forget steroids.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    The only workouts I do are related to mobility, body awareness, agility, and explosive power. At first I just played around with it cause its fun then I saw this video which is the closest thing to my warm-up Ive seen. I dont have the bars though. They would help your grip and back, and again, agility.
    I also do a lot of handstand and cartwheel work, which is a lil more caporeira influenced. All go no show muscle.
    I love this stuff. Shadowjitsu stuff is also great. Marcelo has some neat workouts too. JJ workouts are probably the most fun workouts next to my MMA S&C workouts I've ever done.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I do Crossfit WODs and kettlebell circuits(5 min rounds)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast