Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way

Caio Terra 111 question....

WARNING: This is a gi question and specific to people that have watch this particular DVD.

I saw a number of people saying that they liked this DVD, so let me ask a question to those that have had the opportunity to try some of this stuff.

I really like the Upside Down Half Guard techs. I also like the Terra Guard techs (obv.). Although the Upside Down Half Guard is something that you can choose to get and make it happen, the Terra Guard requires you to get the opportunity to get into it.

Here is the question: Has anyone tried to get some of the Terra Guard stuff (arm bar specifically), from the Upside Down Half? The two guards are so close, I'd think I could get most of the Terra Guard techs from the Upside Down Half position.

What have you guys found?

Array

School
    blank
    I have seen it, solid DVD, but haven't worked those techs at all. i just realized i shouldn't have said this because it in no way helps you, but i wanted to keep the thread bumped.

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    I have seen it, solid DVD, but haven't worked those techs at all. i just realized i shouldn't have said this because it in no way helps you, but i wanted to keep the thread bumped.
    Ha ha, actually, your post did help. Whenever I post something I'm afraid that no one will respond. There is nothing worse than that.

Array

School
    blank
    i hear ya. i feel the same thing when i start a thread.

hey, do you remember that one technique in the kimura section where caio's partner moans in agony and caio kind of laughs at him? i died laughing at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    i hear ya. i feel the same thing when i start a thread.

hey, do you remember that one technique in the kimura section where caio's partner moans in agony and caio kind of laughs at him? i died laughing at that.
    Haha, yeah Caio was really enjoying that! Poor Matheus.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    haven't seen it, but i plan on buying it, all Caio's tech's are worth repping. i love studying the games of smaller players. even though i'm not small 6 ft 190, i'm not really interested in what the big guys are doing, ie strength based jiujitsu

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Jake

Haha, yeah Caio was really enjoying that! Poor Matheus.
    Haha and you must have gotten a first hand viewing of that. Too much fun.