Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Texas Draculino Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    Ryan is super nice and he is cool with 10th Planet. He has actually been out to HQ to train.
    That's pretty suprising considering things he said in interviews and in his "The Triangle" DVD. Good stuff though, Ryan Hall is an awesome competitor and teacher.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    Hope to be going to DC. Possibly have him down in the future though. Ryan Hall seminar at a 10th Planet school...why not? He offered when I met him in July. He is only about 5 hrs from me.
    that would rock!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Callaway View Post
    That's pretty suprising considering things he said in interviews and in his "The Triangle" DVD. Good stuff though, Ryan Hall is an awesome competitor and teacher.
    Ryan is a super nice guy and he is cool to everyone.

I didn't say that he is joining our team, I said he is "cool with 10th Planet."

I don't think that Ryan gets caught up in BJJ politics.

Like many BJJ fighters, Ryan has been out to 10th Planet HQ to train. He and anyone else is always welcome. We have an open door policy at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu.

I have been a Ryan Hall fan for many years. In his DVD "The Grappling Game Plan," he talks about how they drill Rubber Guard at Lloyd Irvin, he mentions Eddie by name and when he was a purple belt, he even put some of Eddie's techniques in his personal game plan.

Ryan is also one of the most filmed grapplers in the North American tournament circuit, so you don't have to take my word for it. There are plenty of videos showing Ryan using 10th Planet techniques at the highest levels of competition.

Here is one.

Gogo Plata from a Flying Kung Fu move, off the Capoeira Pass.

Last edited by Jason Eisner; 09-17-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Array

School
    Ryan is a super nice guy and he is cool to everyone.

I didn't say that he is joining our team, I said he is "cool with 10th Planet."

I don't think that Ryan gets caught up in BJJ politics.

Like many BJJ fighters, Ryan has been out to 10th Planet HQ to train. He and anyone else is always welcome. We have an open door policy at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu.

I have been a Ryan Hall fan for many years. In his DVD "The Grappling Game Plan," he talks about how they drill Rubber Guard at Lloyd Irvin, he mentions Eddie by name and when he was a purple belt, he even put some of Eddie's techniques in his personal game plan.

Ryan is also one of the most filmed grapplers in the North American tournament circuit, so you don't have to take my word for it. There are plenty of videos showing Ryan using 10th Planet techniques at the highest levels of competition.

Here is one.

Gogo Plata from a Flying Kung Fu move, off the Capoeira Pass.

I'm not sure how to respond. Mostly because the direct response is such a tangent to my original point...either way, it is a Ryan Hall thread so I feel comfortable discussing things Ryan has said or done.

Yeah, I wouldn't assume that you meant he was joining up. Brasa isn't too bad after all...lol

Indeed, I have seen pretty much every Ryan Hall video there is to see, and own his DVDs. Anyone who has watched them/read his interviews knows the exact words he uses to describe lockdown and rubberguard...(It is not nice.)

So naturally, yes, I am surprised to hear that he comes by to train. That only seems logical considering some of the things he has said.

The above video..(circa 2008), Lloyd Irvin timeline, purple belt comments...predate the negative things he has said about the system. So it makes me wonder if he still uses those positions or not? If he had some overnight epiphany or something to arrive at his current conclusions...

I remember him using a high guard against Wilson Reis in 2009 to counter the low Reis pass...and it seems he started to really evolve or change his game towards wrestling and top game with 50/50 since then.

Really, I do not want to make a "thing" out of it, I simply find it fairly odd to say one thing and do another IMO.
    Last edited by Kyle Callaway; 09-19-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

ryan hall vs nate diaz

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Mike Wacker was being a bit of a douche at the end. Now having said that, I see a LOT of similarities between his style and my own. But of course, he's a lot better than I am. Just sayin'.

Array

School
    M1 Action Design
    I'm using a whole bunch of his triangle setups and there are working at like an 80% rate after only 4 months of drilling them hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Callaway View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond. Mostly because the direct response is such a tangent to my original point...either way, it is a Ryan Hall thread so I feel comfortable discussing things Ryan has said or done.

Yeah, I wouldn't assume that you meant he was joining up. Brasa isn't too bad after all...lol

Indeed, I have seen pretty much every Ryan Hall video there is to see, and own his DVDs. Anyone who has watched them/read his interviews knows the exact words he uses to describe lockdown and rubberguard...(It is not nice.)

So naturally, yes, I am surprised to hear that he comes by to train. That only seems logical considering some of the things he has said.

The above video..(circa 2008), Lloyd Irvin timeline, purple belt comments...predate the negative things he has said about the system. So it makes me wonder if he still uses those positions or not? If he had some overnight epiphany or something to arrive at his current conclusions...

I remember him using a high guard against Wilson Reis in 2009 to counter the low Reis pass...and it seems he started to really evolve or change his game towards wrestling and top game with 50/50 since then.

Really, I do not want to make a "thing" out of it, I simply find it fairly odd to say one thing and do another IMO.
    I said he has come by HQ to train, I didn't say that he comes by HQ to train.

Kyle...I just want you to know that you are welcome here. We are all here to learn and get better from everybody. We don't care what team people are from and we're not interested in BJJ politics.

Ryan is awesome. We respect him and want to study his game.
    Last edited by Jason Eisner; 09-20-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Array

School
    I said he has come by HQ to train, I didn't say that he comes by HQ to train.

Kyle...I just want you to know that you are welcome here. We are all here to learn and get better from everybody. We don't care what team people are from and we're not interested in BJJ politics.

Ryan is awesome. We respect him and want to study his game.
    Yes you did say that. And I understood it as such from the beginning. Literally, all I said was...

"That's pretty surprising considering things he said in interviews and in his "The Triangle" DVD. Good stuff though, Ryan Hall is an awesome competitor and teacher. "

It's simply true. It is surprising. It is also contradictory, as I have imagined Hall to be a straight shooter. In this case, his words and actions seem contradictory. That's all. No other motives. Not really aligned with any BJJ politics...just surprised. Hence, my short reply that just basically says, "That's surprising."

I would feel the same if you said David Camarillo was over at Ralph's rolling around....after all the things he has said.

On being welcome? Thanks. I appreciate it.

However, I do find it peculiar that out of the few times I have posted, at least a couple of those times I have been greeted by diatribes, typically consisting of a few paragraphs, from you in particular. So it makes me wonder how welcome I am with you personally, as it seems I have managed to unwittingly draw a fair amount of attention from you (And not a positive kind as far as I can tell.)

I am very inclined to call things like I see them, so if that offends/irritates you, I apologize. There is not a lot of filter between my head, hands, or mouth.

Take Care,

Kyle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast