Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    kelso: we are somewhat on the same page. except i dont believe in making a single cut to the poor without first dealing with the rich. I dont believe that cutting welfare for the poor will be empowering, and lead to potential reform directed towards the rich. i just think they will suffer as they already do at an unimagineable degree.
    to all others: as far as drug testing goes... im all for it. as long as drug tests are made to detect things other than marijuana. marijuana is the only ( as far as commonly used drugs go) substance that will show up after a month. so all the meth, crack, speed, and oxy addicts are just fine.
    how about we find the drug users... put them in rehab programs rather than punish them for being poor and addicted. not only is it the logical thing to do since addiction is indeed a disease, but it would actually be SAVING tax payers money since they have potential to overcome their addiction and relieve the burden to a degenerating healthcare system for their life long drug related poor health issues. no... you guys are right lets cut there source of sustenance till they end up in private prisons where we pay more to en-cage people than it would take to put them through college. thats obviously working and reasonable... WAKE UP

Array

School
    Dragon Brand Martial Arts
    The Same People That Made this a law OWN the companies that Make the tests and Profit from the testing.
    The Same People That Made this a law OWN the companies that Make the tests and Profit from the testing.
    Your missing the big picture. We are all being used. Turned on each other.
    You Judge a society by how it treats the lowest among them.
    Who is we? Who are us? Who do we care about? Only People that think, look and act like you?

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene / Northwest Training Center
    finally! that is good!

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Right on Nathan.

I certainly enjoy your supremely intellectual writing on this subject. You no doubt have a good argument. I am also impressed with your obvious knowledge of the subject. Thanks for posting.
    I don't however necessarily agree with your entire post, but I did agree with some of it. Either way great post and I enjoyed it. It also sparked me to do more research on the subject. Thanks.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    Formerly 10P Spokane
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    Right on Nathan.

I certainly enjoy your supremely intellectual writing on this subject. You no doubt have a good argument. I am also impressed with your obvious knowledge of the subject. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks, Daniel. I believe that the ultimate goal in life is self-understanding and that it comes in three stages.

1. Understand your body: It allows you to interact with the world. Keeping it healthy and strong protects all of your present and future actions. To do that, you must actively seek out the answers to how and why your body works. For example, don't go to a doctor when you get sick; find out what causes sickness and try to prevent it. Prevention is preservation.

2. Understand your mind: Mental illness is mostly myth. Few disorders actually affect the brain. All humans develop psychological problems that impact our interactions with the world. Some people are simply better at hiding them than others. By diagnosing and treating our own mental deficiencies, we further ourselves on the path to destroying ego and finding happiness. Also, by contemplating and questioning our own philosophies rather than just "going with the flow", we come to view the world indirectly. We focus on consequences rather than actions exclusively, and our decisions become refined and wise.

3. Understand how the world affects you: Once your body and mind are in harmony, you must research the limitations placed on you by the earth and society. Ask questions, get answers, and question those answers. The key is humility. Understand that you know nothing and you will know everything. It seems many people avoid this type of extrospection, for it is indeed frightening. They instead form beliefs without justifications and then force those ill-formed beliefs upon others. Their choices become hollow and can only lead to regret. If you cannot understand how the world is affecting you, the effect of your choices upon another person will remain outside of your mental grasp.

-- I believe that attempting to truly understand yourself physically, scientifically, philosophically, and spiritually is the noblest pursuit of man. Once one comes to understand that he is fallible and weak, he hopefully embarks on a journey of improvement. By constantly improving oneself, one becomes all the more useful to the improvement of society.

This all leads to one of my own revelations and beliefs: personal responsibility is the foundation of happiness. You are responsible only for yourself and your children. The lives of others are beyond your justifiable sphere of influence. Become the master of yourself and you will own the world. Defy everything that challenges your right to yourself.

This awakening leads to certain questions. "It's so obvious, yet society rejects it. Why?" Research uncovers that no thought is unique. The words of great thinkers of the past who knew what you know long before you existed have been preserved.

Among these thinkers were the founding fathers of the USA. Within themselves, they had expanded seeds of thought that respected personal liberty and responsibility. Not only that... They were given the opportunity to plant those seeds, water them, and watch them grow. In a world dominated by monarchy and imperialism, they laid aside their power and established for us a great Republic based upon the sanctity of individual freedom. Just as their historical guides, the great Romans, had overthrown the Roman Monarchy and established a Republic, they had resisted the monarchical British Empire and done the same.

Sadly, history is doomed to repeat itself. As the Roman Republic fell to the Roman Empire, so has the American Republic been dismantled by the rule of the oligarchical World Empire. Try as we might to ignore it, we are all affected.

That's why I research these things. Because it is important when so much in our lives is not.

I don't however necessarily agree with your entire post, but I did agree with some of it. Either way great post and I enjoyed it. It also sparked me to do more research on the subject. Thanks.
    "Read, watch, and listen to everything. Believe nothing until researching it for yourself."

I'm glad that I interested you enough to do independent research. That's the whole reason I blabber so much. If it causes just one person to seek out answers, all this damned typing wasn't wasted.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678