Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

ibjjf and i.d. cards

For blue belts is it manatory to buy thier membership card or can you just show your drivers license? i reg my self but i was wondering if when i go to compete do i have to have a i.d. card from them as a blue belt? dam i paid for one on line june 30 and still havent gotten it yet? pan am no gi is in a month?

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    No, you do not need an IBJJF membership card to compete in an IBJJF tournament as a Blue Belt. Your driver's license will be fine.

About the ID though, you should send them an e-mail about it. I got mine in about a week. If you didn't get it yet, something either went wrong with the transaction, or they denied you for some reason. You'll want to follow up on that.

Array

School
    Relson Gracie, Phoenix AZ
    What are the perks of IBJJF membership?

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    I ordered it on june 3o and still havent gotten my i.d. card from ibjjf?lol thanks so much

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    Quote Originally Posted by djradoff View Post
    For most Blue Belts, I don't think there are any real benefits to paying for the card.

It is nice to have the card if you ever have to prove your rank at a tournament. You can't get the card unless you fill out a request form with a signature from a recognized Black Belt, so if you have the card, there can be more more question around your legitimacy.

Also, I have a friend that travels often on business and likes to train wherever he goes. Some schools are cool, but some are suspicious of new comers. They question him extensively on what school he's from , and who is instructor is, and who gave him his belt, etc. When he shows his ID, many people just accept it and let him join the school for the week or two that he's in town.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Indomitable spirit.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    You get to Kiyap/Kiai when you do a take down or sweep and not be laughed at. Also, 10% off any Starbuck's in Brazil *if you buy your coffee while wearing a gi.*