Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita

**SPOILER ALERT** Some Thoughts on (the Winner of Silva v. Cormier)

I thought going into this fight that it would be close. I figured if Cormier could get Silva down, he could win a decision. If not, it would be a first or second round knockout for the big man. What I could not expect was that Cormier, previous captain of the Olympic Wrestling Team, would light up Antonio on the feet like a boxing coach on someone's first day of class. He had speed, footwork, head movement, power, and the composure of a veteran boxer. He was basically laughing at Silva's attempts. Now, Silva is not a top 5 HW, but he is an easy fight for almost nobody. This reminds me of some of Cain Velasquez' first fights, when I thought, "wow, this rookie is already elite in every area. He really will be a champion in the near future."

Yesterday, I would have put Barnett at 5-1 to win the tournament. Now, I don't know if I even have him as a favorite against this monster. If Cormier's boxing is as good as it seemed tonight, and his wrestling as well (he threw Silva around like a 20 pound rag-doll), who in the world would really have a distinct advantage? Maybe what, like 2-5 guys, depending on how you look at it. That crazy at this point in his career!

I personally thought Cormier was the highlight of this event. What did you think?