Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

BJ talking about "UFC Primetime" for Nick.

Personally, I don't know why there always has to be bad blood. If anything, if they were to promote this fight as two top tier guys who really respect eachother and plan on delivering their best performance because they know how tough the other guy is......personally, I think that would excite me more than bad blood. I mean, there's NEVER been bad blood between these guys, so it's not believable. Now you give me a video of BJ saying, "this guy is a warrior. And that's only going to make me fight harder. And we're going to both give it 100% and see who the best man is." Son, That gets me hype.

They need to realize this is a sport, not a soap opera, not WWF. Not every sports team has to have a rivalry for the game to be exciting. Sometimes it's just exciting because both teams are dope as hell so you wanna see who wins. UFC needs new PR.

That's my opinion on it at least.

Array

School
    NA
    true...unfortunately politics makes a crowd draw....when it's natural, that's all the better. when you get 2 guys like this i personally only care about the fight unfolding. i guess ufc are the masters of marketing and know what to do, but in this case i don't think it's necessary.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    your always going to come off as the bad guy against gsp in canada.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    true...unfortunately politics makes a crowd draw....when it's natural, that's all the better. when you get 2 guys like this i personally only care about the fight unfolding. i guess ufc are the masters of marketing and know what to do, but in this case i don't think it's necessary.
    That's what I'm saying. It's not always necessary? Why not just market them as great fighters and we'll see who's best? I like a rivalry as much as the next dude when it's authentic. But fabricated tension is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Timmermans View Post
    your always going to come off as the bad guy against gsp in canada.
    LOL. True.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    I love the way the UFC promotes fights. Although I think they could do a little better. For example, they should have never made Mir apologize for saying he wanted Brock to be the first death in the UFC. They should have let that snow ball into a cluster fuck of media exposure.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    I love the way the UFC promotes fights. Although I think they could do a little better. For example, they should have never made Mir apologize for saying he wanted Brock to be the first death in the UFC. They should have let that snow ball into a cluster fuck of media exposure.
    LOL dude I never know when you're trolling or serious.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    LOL dude I never know when you're trolling or serious.
    90/10... but that was me being serious.