Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Finally got to roll!

After about two weeks of getting the basics of my school down I was finally given the OK to roll at the end of the class. Needless to say I was tapping so much that it sounded like I was practicing Morse code, but I did manage to pass the guard of the 3 teammates I rolled with once each, so I'm taking my victories where I can.

The last teammate I rolled with was a purple belt and while he did tap me out with a larger variety of holds than the other two, I did manage to get into a stalemate for the last 2.5 minutes by throwing on the Lockdown. Not so impressive to most, but we all have to start somewhere.

keep it up and have fun while discovering and creating the art

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Congrats. That must have felt a lot safer than just having Renato Magno telling you to do whatever you want but no punching or kicking. I remember trembling from adrenaline because I thought everyone was trying to kill. God I fucking love jiujitsu.

Array

School
    Dominance MMA Melbourne
    Fantastic - sounds like you had a good time and have the right attitude!

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I did manage to get into a stalemate for the last 2.5 minutes by throwing on the Lockdown. Not so impressive to most, but we all have to start somewhere.
    If you stalemated a purple in your lockdown for 2.5 full minutes and have only been training for two weeks? That IS impressive buddy. Enjoy learning the art =D. I know I am. And like Keith Owen says, from white belt to black belt is about 10,000 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    God I fucking love jiujitsu.
    +1 and RAmen. Am I allowed to give that a +2? Cuz if so +2 =D