Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club

Vinny uses the basic path to defeat Werdum

With the oma plata. What are your thoughts? I am both elated and sad... Elated that 10th Planet gets the highlight. Sad that the elite level still doesn't even know the basic path of Rubber Guard... What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Bill Keeling; 09-25-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    He went... mission - zombie - new york - chilldog - kung fu - jiu claw?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I am not sad at all.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    With the oma plata. What are your thoughts? I am both elated and sad... Elated that 10th Planet gets the highlight. Sad that the elite level still doesn't even know the basic path of Rubber Guard... What do you guys think?
    I'm not sad, the elite can overlook the basic path all they want. Everything is way cooler when it's undergroud.

Array

School
    Pure MMA + NextGen Liverpool
    That didn't happen. He won on points. He used RG path to get those points. And he survived an armbar for a full minute. Awesome result for gold.

I think u watched some other match. Vinny didnt submit verdum. Good sweep tho
    Last edited by Brian Hoback; 09-25-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Typo

are you sure vinny won by submission?

because it says "Vinny Magalhaes def Fabricio Werdum by Points", according to:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/25...-grappling-bjj

Mens Finals 99kgs+

Fabricio Werdum vs Vinny Magalhaes

Both start standing and looking to hand fight and clinch. Vinny looks noticeably smaller than Werdum so interesting type match up. Both continue to trade grips and hand fight. Out of bounds on one clinch attempt. No work on the ground thus far. Vinny tries to go for a single-leg which is sprawled. Vinny fights for the leg long enough so he can pull guard and is working half guard against Werdum. Referee calls time for points. Vinny goes to full closed guard and Werdum is controlling the biceps.

Vinny goes back to guard, Vinny now looking for rubber guard and has mission control. Vinny clears to go for an omoplata and looks to finish. A lot of rolling by Werdum to escape and Vinny sweeps to top scoring points. Werdum looking to push-pull the arms perhaps to set up a triangle. Werdum pushes Vinny off and forces the fight back to the feet.

Werdum shoots in after a lot of hand fighting that Vinny sprawls. Werdum looks for crucifix from Vinny's turtle but abandons. Vinny gets underneath and is trying to sweep, Vinny looking for a knee bar Werdum counters. Werdum rolls and tries to take the back but can't get hooks in. Werdum clears and arm and is in triangle territory. Werdum switches to an armbar and has it tight but Vinny isn't tapping. Vinny is turned to his side and is struggling to survive. Both are out of bounds but it won't be called during the submission attempt which is in deep. Vinny is sticking to his side and keeping his shoulder high so he can avoid getting his arm broken. Werdum is still looking to crank and this is now a war of attrition. Vinny escapes and the crowd goes nuts!

Out of bounds as a restart, Shawn Williams commentates Vinny has won the crowd at least. Werdum tries to shoot but Werdum gets stuffed. Time runs out and Vinny wins on points after surviving that armbar. Truly legendary performance. Vinny Magalhaes def Fabricio Werdum by Points. Vinny says the armbar was tight but he knew enough to survive. Says his focus had been MMA but wanted to give ADCC a real try.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Eddie Bravo takes gold at heavyweight in ADCC!!!!!!!!!!!! (basically, right guise?)

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    When he came up from the second sweep it looked like Werdum tapped to the oma, it may have just been the end of the match. Although eitherway the basic path is what allowed the sweep/points/win= same result

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Stuart View Post
    That didn't happen. He won on points. He used RG path to get those points. And he survived an armbar for a full minute. Awesome result for gold.
    I thought the armbar had him finished, I can't belive he hung in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast