Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Question about (Vinny's) Rubber-guard

So ive noticed this often when vinny starts his rubberguard, and im sure there's probably others that do it too.. but he just seems to be the highest level competitor (and only black belt) that i know of at the time that seems to do this. But ive noticed in most of his matches.. Once he starts working rubberguard. He rarely tends to put his foot on the hip or double bag.. Which ive always assumed to be one of the core principals of rubberguard. But somehow he seems to make it work for him. Like ive never really seen him have problems because of it. Anyone know why this is?

Array

School
    Scottish hit Squad
    Simple answer: Because Vinny is awesome.

Any time I've seen Vinny use RG,I've noticed he focuses on squeeze and leverage. That might be it

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisGallagher View Post
    Simple answer: Because Vinny is awesome.

Any time I've seen Vinny use RG,I've noticed he focuses on squeeze and leverage. That might be it

Pretty much.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    because his hip movement compensates for it. Plus it is harder to pass as opposed to the foot on the hip

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I think he's as tight as he needs to be. Werdum wasnt really explodin into posture or stackin with pressure. He honestly didnt feel threatened. Oops