Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

Trubleshooting twister side control question....

Ok let me try to explain ....Pass thier guard and know trying to set up twister side control,but they are keeping that inside arm tucked and if you go to twister side control their arm will be under u..what a good way to get both of thier arms behind you? Against good guys the inside arm is hard to trap behind you...? So it like i am passing guad have reg side contro switch to twister side control and tha tinside arm is hard to trap behind me? the inside arm is always getting under me and keeping me off balanced?

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Hey Robert, try to move your hips towards your opp's hips. then keep your hip tight against their side as your slide your hips back into proper position. You may have to play with harvesting the arm in this fashion, but after you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy! Let me know how that works out for you

Array

School
    Darkside (Gainesville, FL)/Gracie Barra Clearwater
    Also try going for a kimura or americana on the opposite side just as a distraction and then trapping the arm after he goes to defend

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Or transition to north/south

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliphate Ishtar Allah View Post
    Baseball grip the wrist in front of your chest when you roll. Hold it. Wait for your opponent to relax or push the legs with his free hand. Explode his arm behind your head. Work it down to your side, then reach around the top of his head and bingo.
    People are getting wise to the twister as well.
    Dude. Wtf are you talking about?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Or transition to north/south
    Definitely. That arm usually dictates my move. If i can keep it under control than it's standard side, I'd I'm losing it I use either scarfhold or twister side to scrape that arm back into position to nullify it... if that elbow still gets past me then I just keep going until I reach north south. North south off of twister side usually leads to a monson choke and getting to north south via scarfhold usually leads to a farside arm bar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Dude. Wtf are you talking about?
    Oh good. I thought it was just me...

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    Oh good. I thought it was just me...
    +1 yeah

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    booby north south is nice it was transision to the monson choke... The near side arm keeps getting caught in between me and him even if i go to scarf hold get the arm up and transisition to reg side then twister side as i do against good guys the yare tucking in that near side elbow and i cant trap the arm behind me? it more like i am laying on thier arm as it is in tex rex postion and they are getting space and i cant trap the arm... hope u understand ....

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I only use tsc when the situation calls for it. I love transitioning to knee on belly, reverse knee on belly back to regular knee on belly and just take his arms out at the elbows with my knee switches....if that makes any sense. Or knee on belly reverse knee on belly caporeia mount/coffee grind back to side control and that usually opens them up a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast