Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Schooled

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    For the one in the black.. One little detail that might not show its importance yet.. but will later against bigger/stronger guys.. is to remember during the armbar, to keep the arm connected to your chest while you fall back.. that way you can use your weight/core to help get the arm straight rather than using just your own arm strength.

Ahh, that would be me Ty, thats a great tip! I should Just pull his elblow-ish area towars my upper abdomen/lower chest.. really tight?

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    also if you are in college or highschool do wrestling.

Array

School
    Lovund
    Alex Mendis = Bad Ass Shootfighter

Array

School
    bb-gym bodo, Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    I am 31 years old, have two kids (7 and 2) and work full time so it`s been a while since I went to school.. Besides, we do not have the opportunity to wrestle in school here in Norway. That would have been awesome tho..

Quote Originally Posted by DanielJensen View Post
    Alex Mendis = Bad Ass Shootfighter
    You know him? Looks like there will be some standup on Thursday so check out the blog then!

By the way; thanks for the response to this thread guys, very nice of you!

Just posted todays bjj-session: http://selfschooled.com/bjj-practice-2.html

Array

School
    In my mind
    Good work continuing your blog brah! Try watching Coach Herzog's training videos from 10P Rochester. Consider using his series of techniques as a training aid. The techniques flow into each other and give you an easily manageable amount of information to drill. Also consider working on a two week cycle with each so that you both can learn and eventually rep the intricate details of the series. I noticed some high loose arms while you rolled. These are highly dangerous to the bottom player in both gi and nogi. Eventually the arm triangle and even more advanced submissions will be slapped on you. Work on keeping the elbows in arms tight bro. Keep up the hard work!

Array

School
    bb-gym bodo, Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    Good work continuing your blog brah! Try watching Coach Herzog's training videos from 10P Rochester. Consider using his series of techniques as a training aid. The techniques flow into each other and give you an easily manageable amount of information to drill. Also consider working on a two week cycle with each so that you both can learn and eventually rep the intricate details of the series. I noticed some high loose arms while you rolled. These are highly dangerous to the bottom player in both gi and nogi. Eventually the arm triangle and even more advanced submissions will be slapped on you. Work on keeping the elbows in arms tight bro. Keep up the hard work!
    Thanks for the tips! I will suck those elbows in asap!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexmendis View Post
    Ahh, that would be me Ty, thats a great tip! I should Just pull his elblow-ish area towars my upper abdomen/lower chest.. really tight?
    More his forearm/wrist than the elbow. The farther out on the arm you can get close to your chest.. the more leverage you'll have. once you have his wrist to your chest, just keep it tight and start falling backwards.. That way instead of the opponent trying to curl his arm against the strength of your arms.. hes going to have to curl your arm strength + your body weight. Which will come in handy against guys who are a lot stronger than you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    heres a quick example of what Im talking about.. Ignore the punching part.. but he (fedor) covers the leverage part in the second half http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxbFOzNEV84

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Standing up in base is totally underrated. There's so many positions where you can just stand up, slam into sprawl control and slap on a submission. But when your mind is fixated with guard work you don't even think of hitting the eject button and abandoning your guard.

+1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast