Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA

So I'm finally doing my first comp . What gear do you guys prefer to compete in?

I haven't been training much jiu jitsu as of the last couple of months but have decided to compete at Grapplers quest Nov 6 . I've mainly been training MMA and at our school we do a lot more wrestling the Jiu Jitsu . But I have trained with friends in the past that just train jiu jitsu no gi and have worked a lot of 10th planet jj. So what gear do you guys prefer to wear when you compete? I know wear a cup and mouth guard ....But besides that ... Like the tights or ankle wraps? or long sleeve or short sleeve rashguards? Any thoughts or suggestions will help.

Naked... Just kidding... I'd wear a mouth guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    knee and ankle sleeves. Short sleeve rash guard.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    +1, but I prefer long sleeves.

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Thanks Brent! I have the ankle sleeves , And I'll pick up some knee sleeves as well.

- Bite Defense Mouth Guard
    - Melee Fight Shorts
    - OnTheMat Rash Guard

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    I say wear what you where when you train, or play around with some different options before to see how they feel. I know some guys like to compete with sleeves, but don't train in them because they like the little leg up they feel when they are used to slipping off legs and then can get a little more grip at the competition. Check out the leg lock rules for your comp though because in that case you might not want to compete with ankle sleeves if you're not used to them.

Array

School
    Dominance MMA Melbourne
    I like a short sleeve rashie, compression pants, MMA shirts, ankle sleeves. Even though I mostly play top game, I love the extra grip when I need to play guard.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Sean is spot on, don't wear stuff that you don't normally wear, if you train in a t-shirt/rashguard and shorts, just wear a t-shirt/rashguard and shorts. You want to feel as comfortable as possible!

wear grippy tights,, not slippy tights, if you wear tights. compression is good for teh legs imo,, specially the knees.

i'm basing this on absolutely nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast