Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Why didn't any of those people get a head injury? I wonder how many of those people were medically trained? The way all those people rushed the guy they looked like more of a threat to him than a help.
    you've got to be fucking kidding me.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Why didn't any of those people get a head injury? I wonder how many of those people were medically trained? The way all those people rushed the guy they looked like more of a threat to him than a help.
    I agree. It is clear the cop was protecting the guy that got flashbanged in the face by flashbanging him in the face again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    Okay let's all be reasonable. Regardless of what hurt this guy, the cops should never have thrown a SECOND flashbang directly next to an already injured person (head trauma no less). Also let's talk about this "fair warning thing;" just because someone lets you know that they are about to assault you (which is what this would be if the cops weren't legally aloud to do basically whatever they want) does not mean that it is justified to do it. And honestly blaming the protesters for pushing the cops to do this is blaming the victim in such an obvious way. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin. Right now these people are trying to hold on to what liberty they have left. The protesters are willing to be beaten by cops and pepper sprayed, and gassed because it is not about individual safety but about a skewed economic and political atmosphere that is harming people throughout this country (and the world) regardless of whether we are democrats or republicans or hippies or vets or some combination of all of the above.

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Winnik View Post
    Okay let's all be reasonable. Regardless of what hurt this guy, the cops should never have thrown a SECOND flashbang directly next to an already injured person (head trauma no less). Also let's talk about this "fair warning thing;" just because someone lets you know that they are about to assault you (which is what this would be if the cops weren't legally aloud to do basically whatever they want) does not mean that it is justified to do it. And honestly blaming the protesters for pushing the cops to do this is blaming the victim in such an obvious way. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin. Right now these people are trying to hold on to what liberty they have left. The protesters are willing to be beaten by cops and pepper sprayed, and gassed because it is not about individual safety but about a skewed economic and political atmosphere that is harming people throughout this country (and the world) regardless of whether we are democrats or republicans or hippies or vets or some combination of all of the above.
    I see your appeal to authority and raise you a red herring.

Array

School
    Ronin
    You guys are so right those cops are assholes! Throw 'em jail.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The last place I would ever protest would be Oakland! I wouldn't visit a family member if they lived in Oakland. I say build a fence around Oakland and let all these fuckers take (keep) their city.

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    Great. What could have been an interesting conversation is no a waste of a thread.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Great. What could have been an interesting conversation is no a waste of a thread.
    I'm laughing at you.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    dude... we solved it.. Just gather the hippies up like my boy said and build a fence around them... *cough* fema camp *cough*

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast