Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    It makes it hard to sympathise.

The thing is there are cops who abuse there power and that may very well be the case here but I don't like the way people automatically blame the cops. Just like there are bad cops I'm sure there are people down there calling there selves protesters and doing nothing but causing trouble. I have seen more than one video including the one in question showing "protesters" throwing stuff at cops and disrupting police barricades. Doing these things or failing to separate your self from these people causes unnecessary problems that do not help your cause. Hence "If you play with fire you get burnt"
    that piece of shit threw a flashbang into a crowd of people trying to help a wounded man. I am an EMT, and if I was there it would be my duty to go and help that man. If I were in that crowd what he did would be a class C felony. I would have him punished to the fullest extent of the law, which would be 10 years in prison and a 10,000$ fine.

No one is saying all cops are bad. Just this piece of shit. They did NOT deserve that.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliphate Ishtar Allah View Post

Fire Fighters have closed back headphones and radio systems for communications once they enter a building and even when they are outside. They are trained to listen and take commands from this system. They do not listen to fire, they look at fire and look for survivors with thermal imaging cameras as well. Fire hoses have a consistent but low sound output as do diesel engines. This is the reason why Fire trucks shut down there sirens once they engage a fire or appear on the scene.

Your trying to make a nonsense comparison between trained professional fire fighters and traumatized, scared people trying to help a down victim of police brutality. Your ignorance is polished to perfection.

Do you not know what first hand knowledge means I was in the fire service for two years firefighters do not where headphones in a interior operation the radio system they use is a hand held radio for communicating with exterior crews and command not the people next to them. You can put fire suppression operations on the list with jiu jitsu for things you shouldn't talk about because you don't know anything about them.

My example was not a comparison to the people trying to help the guy with the head injury. We were debating if the guy was likely to hear the commands given prior to the incident. At least try to stay on point.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    They are protesting corporate lobbying to influence political decisions, along with other things, but that is the main thing they are protesting. For example, obama was given over a million dollars from goldman sachs in campaign contributions, along with other banking institutions. Officially bitchmade by the money he received, he then proceeded to give them bailout money, which the CEO's used to give themselves bonuses instead of contributing to the economy.

Bush's top 5 campaign contributions came from Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, PricewaterhouseCoopers, UBS AG, and Goldman Sachs all giving him park estimates of 500 grand each. Guess who became his treasury secretary in 2006? Henry Paulson, Goldman Sachs CEO and former head chairman.

So guess what henry paulson does when he becomes chairman? He pushes for bailouts, along with fed chairman ben Bernanke which bush greenlights.

Obama does the same thing when he gets into office.

now let's look at the results of the recent audit of the fed, on october 28 (the first audit ever).

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/oct/...illion-to-and/

"Congress and we the people were told that in accord with the 2008 Troubled Asset Relief Program, $800 billion was given to failing banks and businesses. The audit makes that a lie.The audit lists the recipients of the $16 trillion of loans on page 131. Goldman Sachs received $814 billion, Citigroup $2.5 trillion, Morgan Stanley $2.04 trillion, Royal Bank of Scotland and Deutsche Bank of Germany split about $1 trillion, UBS of Switzerland $287 billion, etc. The loans were made from December 2007 to June 2010 at near zero interest and virtually none have been repaid."

Allright so that was in 2008. Bush was in office. let's go back to Bush's top 5 contributers. Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, PricewaterhouseCoopers, UBS AG, and Goldman Sachs. See any correlation there?

Obama is just as bad. He says he supports what the protesters stand for, but takes millions of dollars in lobbying money from the banks, and supports bailout plans which essentially steal from the people.
    and these protesters are taking money from the same people (millionaires, billionaires and unions) that funded obama and voted for the bailouts, what hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    and these protesters are taking money from the same people (millionaires, billionaires and unions) that funded obama and voted for the bailouts, what hypocrites
    what money? I'm not taking shit.

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    Politics runs on lobbying and corporate sponsorship of campaigns. Unless you are ron paul or have enough money to fund yourself how else are you going to have enough money to campaign all year? the only solution is to limit the amount of time one can campaign for and keep elections short like in canada. Protesting about the 99% isn't going to change an entire political process that needs corporate money to run campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Politics runs on lobbying and corporate sponsorship of campaigns. Unless you are ron paul or have enough money to fund yourself how else are you going to have enough money to campaign all year? the only solution is to limit the amount of time one can campaign for and keep elections short like in canada. Protesting about the 99% isn't going to change an entire political process that needs corporate money to run campaigns.
    That's why there needs to be lobbying reform. And that's why I'm voting for Ron Paul. Because he is the only politician who ISN'T bought out by a corrupt system of legal bribery.

A girl I am seeing knows him and also works with his mom. Pretty big deal nationwide I guess.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    pussy shit, if anyone really gave a fuck they would be doing what the egyptians and iranians were doing. shit happens, you pick up that teargas and throw it into their face and make those cops use the gear they are wearing. Or else you are showing up just to talk the talk but if it was required of you to actually stand up, i doubt even 90% of them would

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    what money? I'm not taking shit.
    look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    look it up
    look what up? More specific please?!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast