Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Elizondo View Post
    Condit dose not have the power Daley dose not at all I like Condit hes fun to watch but I dont see him as championship material just a tough gate keeper who should get a shot at the title similar to Guida
    True. But he has enough power to drop the previously un KO'd Hardy. Says something about his punching power. What he did to Stun Gun isn't an easy feat. Stun gun is legit and Condit made him look bad everywhere.

I think he's improved over the years and is more dangerous than we think. Plus, no one can deny the kid's a finisher. The only way I see Nick winning is how he usually wins. I call it the energizer bunny strategy. Keep going and going and going until the other guy tires then pitter patter until you either get a TKO or a decision. I think Condit will finish him before that can happen. The last guy who matched his reach touched his chin pretty well (I still think Nick was out). Condit finishes.

I'm clearly biased because I think Nick is a bit overrated. Once a wrestler gets a hold of him, we'll see. And we know UFC is land of the wrestlers.

In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers and betting that Condit lands a beauty on him and gets a follow up TKO.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Yea I agree bro people don’t like him because of his attitude and I can see why but as a fighter there isn’t many that are anywhere near his level dude has deceptively strong punches a solid jaw and a great ground game its going to be hard to beat him but hey anything is possible in MMA.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    True. But he has enough power to drop the previously un KO'd Hardy. Says something about his punching power. What he did to Stun Gun isn't an easy feat. Stun gun is legit and Condit made him look bad everywhere.

I think he's improved over the years and is more dangerous than we think. Plus, no one can deny the kid's a finisher. The only way I see Nick winning is how he usually wins. I call it the energizer bunny strategy. Keep going and going and going until the other guy tires then pitter patter until you either get a TKO or a decision. I think Condit will finish him before that can happen. The last guy who matched his reach touched his chin pretty well (I still think Nick was out). Condit finishes.

I'm clearly biased because I think Nick is a bit overrated. Once a wrestler gets a hold of him, we'll see. And we know UFC is land of the wrestlers.

In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers and betting that Condit lands a beauty on him and gets a follow up TKO.
    I Agree that a strong wrestler has the best chance to beat Diaz which is why I think Jon Fitch would be a better fight but either way Im sure Condit vs Diaz will still be a good one to watch the fans will be happy seeing alot of fireworks and probably a little blood LOL

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Yea I agree bro people don’t like him because of his attitude and I can see why but as a fighter there isn’t many that are anywhere near his level dude has deceptively strong punches a solid jaw and a great ground game its going to be hard to beat him but hey anything is possible in MMA.
    IMO, his endurance is what makes him so dangerous. He DOESN"T GET TIRED! EVERYONE get's tired. Some just show it more than others. He doens't. He's a living terminator. It's ridiculous. I don't think his punches are that strong as much as it's the fact that he piles them on with non stop attack. His JJ is def superior though.

I Agree that a strong wrestler has the best chance to beat Diaz which is why I think Jon Fitch would be a better fight but either way Im sure Condit vs Diaz will still be a good one to watch the fans will be happy seeing alot of fireworks and probably a little blood LOL
    Oh no matter what it's going to be fireworks. I can't wait.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Good point I didnt mention his endurance but it definatly is a huge factor anyone who activley competes in triathalons is gonna have an edge in that department.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Fitch is fighting Johnny Hendricks on the lesnar overeem card. Im glad Condit got his title shot even though its a interim. He finished his last 3 fights and deserves a title shot & gave the stun gun his first loss in the 1st rnd. All I know its gonna be a massive fight!!! Condit All Day!!!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Agree with several points above-Diaz has the ability to keep coming at you, absorb your blows until u tire and then pile on with his punch bot punches (as they call it) which then tire u more or potentially KO/TKO you. I agree wrestling is the key, but then it's a matter of surviving his guard/ground game (the armbar he landed on Cyborg is one of the best ones I've seen to this day). I do see a situation though where Condit could try to overpower him (somehow). As for wrestlers besides Fitch who could give him a hard time I'd add Korschek too (although I have worries about his ability to not get caught in a submission).

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post

You sound like this "Energizer bunny" way of winning is bad. Being in better shape, punching more (significant punches), and TKO'ing & Subbing people is not entertaining?
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123