Like us at www.Facebook.com/10thplanetphoenix
    Like me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/johnbotello
    Follow us on Twitter @10thplanetphx
    Follow me on Twitter @johnbotello

Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beaumont AKA Thor View Post
    We use traditional belting through 16. Yellow, orange green. We go by age but more as a guideline (6-10, 11-15 if you have enough, you can start one class then split it later)indexed by size and skill. Ex, my son has been tapping adults since is was 13. The kids class was no challenge for him as well as some of our jr wrestlers. But they have to earn the pass. You have to have to have to have enough supervision for the younger ones. That means assistant instructors. A good way to do that is to make some teaching a prerequisite for adult promotion. Kids classes can grow very quickly and get out of control very quickly. It only takes one injured kid to shut your school down. That's another thing, make sure you have an iron clad waver for the parents to sign. As far as format short focused teaching mixed with games and very controlled rolling. King of the hill works well.
    +1! Thor is bringing Yuma kids to the Show with skills :-).

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    [QUOTE=Nabil Salameh;111381]Hey all just wanted to know what affilliates teach kids classes and from what age to what age do you guys teach???
    What age do kids usually have enough focus in class to start learning this stuff? I know it can be hard to get some kids attention if there too young.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Hello Nabil. At 10th Planet Riverside, California we not only have kids classes for J.J. we also have kids classes
    for wrestling. Kids as young as 4 years old at that. Where I use to teach we had kids classes and
    there were kids even at 3 on the mat if their parents would be with them. If a kid has a parent that is also
    a student have them on the mat to help keep the kids in line and to help teach. I have a DVD on how to teach
    kids J.J. Would be nice if you had some since your interested in teaching kids at your school.

#
    BJJ Curriculum for KIDS
    The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Curriculum DVD Series for Children was created to develop all aspects of the the BJJ game for children. This Series will teach Children the ...
    bjjcoach.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=... - Cached
    #
    Kids Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu curriculum in DVD- video clip ...
    This is a little preview of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for Kids curriculum in DVD. It is a 5 set DVD box with more than 100 chapters and 20 levels. It's ...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ClxQ7P-NQ - Cached
    More results from youtube.com »
    #
    101 BJJ Games and Drills DVD Highlight - 2 DVD's set ...
    Highlight of the newest 101 BJJ Games and Drills for children. This DVD has several games and Drills to help teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to children in a ...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8IfYpOiCI - Cached
    #
    Budovideos.com - Martial Arts for Kids Videos
    Brazilian Jiu-jitsu for Kids 3 DVD Set by Scott ... this series shows you how to safely incorporate a fun and structured Kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program into ...
    http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...me.php?cat=416 - Cached

Yes.
    I have classes for 4-12 year olds that run M-Sat
    We cover 10th planet, boxing, MMA, Bully Intervention and Self Defense, Wrestling/Judo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Awesome guys thanks for the info I will will definetly check out those DVD's. Its nice to have an idea of what different people are doing. Im not sure if I have the patience for 10 five year olds running around, lol. Thats why I wanted to start them out at about 8 years old. A little less stressfull on my part.

Kids aren't just the future but the present. Having run a few gyms I can tell you fighters usually don't pay the rent, kids and families do.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    Gracie University,Ronin, 10th Planet Decatur Alabama
    Lots of good info in this thread... I teach 5 kids from home (son daughter 2 nephews and the cousin ) and we rock the Bullyproof program and they really dig it I just introduced CageFitness for kids as well and they seem to dig it. Have done some 10p Techs as well would love to see those 10p games Tony mentioned and how awesome would it be to have a kids program dvd series from Eddie? Know he is tight with Ryron and Rener that would be SIIICCKKK!

Array

School
    none yet
    Are there any all womens classes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12