Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin

Ralek Gracie Backyard High School Challenge match video

I found this old video today. Teenage Ralek continuing the family legacy.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I can't say I am all that impressed. The attitude presented by the camera guy and bystanders killed it for me. Obviously this guy had zero ground skills and his kick boxing was'nt all that great, although it was better than the other guy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Is it Rener talking in Portuguese all the time? lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    That kid didn't even know how to sprawl.

No respectche.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I also felt for a Gracie he could of done alot better/more, or at least with their reputation it is expected of him. I being a moral and nice guy at first felt negative about the cameramen laughing and saying 'thats your face' and etc... but the reality is this to them in their family with their culture, this fighting is almost like its a game, they are having fun watching, its a very framilier thing to them, and ralek and the kid are fighting under a lose set of rules even though its a street fight, but still over once one guy gives up and nobody jumping in or eyegoughing going for groin or anything...

The coaching gracies wanted to see ralek break his arm and smash his face with those knees, you can absolutely tell though ralek was hesitant to knee him in the face, and took the choke more than once when he could of taken the guys arm -- you can tell he was looking just to win not really hurt the other guy very bad...

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    datche guy dont no da basics

Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    I also felt for a Gracie he could of done alot better/more, or at least with their reputation it is expected of him. I being a moral and nice guy at first felt negative about the cameramen laughing and saying 'thats your face' and etc... but the reality is this to them in their family with their culture, this fighting is almost like its a game, they are having fun watching, its a very framilier thing to them, and ralek and the kid are fighting under a lose set of rules even though its a street fight, but still over once one guy gives up and nobody jumping in or eyegoughing going for groin or anything...

The coaching gracies wanted to see ralek break his arm and smash his face with those knees, you can absolutely tell though ralek was hesitant to knee him in the face, and took the choke more than once when he could of taken the guys arm -- you can tell he was looking just to win not really hurt the other guy very bad...
    Well i read somewhere that at UFC 1 Helio told Royce to do as little damage as possible and still win. I think this was to prove effectiveness though.

I think they were acting in that manner because the kid challenged Ralek? If so then i would probably act similarly if one of my Dojo Family was in a challenge match.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    He's lucky Ralek wasn't wearing his gi. That's when he realllly becomes a G........in a gi....

*crickets*

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    Ralek, Y U NO use Von Flue Choke??

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    GSP says, "I'm not impressed!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast