Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    Pedro bessa, cardiff, wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I guarantee you Dana forced Carlos to take the fight. That cocksucker will do anything to get what he wants Don King style. He wants the Diaz St.Pierre fight and he is gonna make Carlos fight Diaz until Diaz wins. So it is quite possible that there will be a 3rd match if Carlos wins this one also. It is not surprising after seeing his reaction when Junior KTFO'ed his future cash cow Cain.If Diaz would have get that decision there would have not been a rematch at all. He would never risk the Diaz GSP fight to "erase all doubt in the minds of the fight fans that Diaz earned his title shot" bullshit. Also if Diaz wins, he will get the title shot and it means nothing that Carlos won the first fight. The matchmaking of UFC is so fucking dirty it sickens me to my stomach, it is basically WWE only the fights are real, but everything else is the same.

chilll! someone needs to go for a run and jerk off!
    TBF to dana, alot of fans and fighters thought diaz won. GSP wont be back for ages so he might of had another fight anyway! i thought condit won but i do understand why peeps picked diaz. Not worth getting to worked up over it, its still better than boxing match making imo.

cheers

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Just to play devil's advocate, let's look at it from Dana's point of view, and try to imagine a situation where this makes logical sense. OK, here goes, and remember, this is HYPOTHETICAL situation based on a few assumptions, which I imagine COULD be close to the real situation:

-GSP can't fight for awhile, and Joe Silva and Dana decide that the Interim Champ has to fight again.
    -Dana already said that he and the fans are not interested in an Ellenberger title challenge yet
    -Koscheck just won a very boring fight, and though it is still impressive, that doesn't set up a title shot very well
    -Fitch just lost, and few people are clamoring for a Hendricks title shot - he's not ready
    -BJ is retired (for now)

So who challenges Condit for the Interim Title? It's not fair to ask him to sit the better part of a year while he is in his prime and on a run. Kampmann is taken for an upcoming matchup. A Shields rematch would be interesting, and I think a great fight, but nobody will pay to see it, and nobody wants to see Jake fight GSP again if he beats Carlos. Plus, he is currently what, 8th in the world at best? It's just not much of a draw.

Diaz is the only top 5 challenger around, and he happens to have just lost a very controversial decision to Condit that is fresh in everyone's minds. Historically, the UFC often sets up instant or very quick rematches after a controversial fight, especially if it is an important one. Pettis got screwed by this precedent, to name the most recent example, and he ended losing his title bid with a Guida loss. But it comes down to the fact that the fans wanted to see another Edgar Maynard fight, and most people considered them to be #1/#2 in the UFC, over Pettis.

The fact is that as of now, the UFC and MMA overall have only just aged past their infancy ... but they are still toddlers. If there were well thought-out rules defining scoring, illegal shots, rankings, etc, then this would not be an issue. There would be a clear winner, a clear reason why, and a clear line for the next few fighters to earn a chance at the belt. The NFL doesn't choose Superbowl contenders - instead they established a fixed set of rules (a tournament in this case) to decide who makes it. Roger Goodell doesn't get a say in the matter, nor do the fans. But until the same happens in MMA, things are decided by fan desire, media rankings, and 2 very important people (DFW and J Silva, though I guess you could add Lorenzo in there).

As of now, if you open up the entire UFC 170 lb roster, there is no better fight to be made. We can't just shelf the title for a year.

OK, I'm ready, blast away!

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Any thoughts on this, or am I just trying to find an excuse for an unpopular decision?

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Diaz tested positive for Marijuana is the rumor... that is why he isn't fighting Condit in the rematch.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Thats the rumor. I would be shocked if he wasnt the one that peed dirty
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345