Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal

Rolling with Ryan Hall

I rolled with Ryan Hall today twice. The first round was interesting. We had to start the sparring from single leg. Ryan started with a deep single. He has very good wrestling even though he doesn't need it... and mine is terrible. So naturally he takes me down. Right into a guillotine (Arm In). I felt like if I was more aggressive I could have sank it in deeper. It was just not the perfect angle so I remember thinking... who do you think you are trying to arm in Ryan? lol. I felt like he has been in deeper guillotines before so I let go. Right into New York. I know, i thought it was too easy also (remember he was going light). Anyway, I'm keeping the other leg tight to his side and back (no foot on hip). He tries to sumo over the foot so I quickly double bagger. I switch to Chill Dog with the double bagger still in. He's stuck. Having tried all other options, he decides to power lift me into the air, so I let go before I can clear the face. We start standing neutral and he tells me it was a very good technique. I sit down and try to berimbolo, it fails into an X Guard attempt, he macgyvered out and mounted me. I tryed to escape mount the rest of the round. All I'm thinking right now is not the effectiveness of rubber guard at that moment but I actually managed to not get heel hooked. Ryan is seriously on another level, i watch him roll with the pros daily and its not fair on the ground. He will Heel Hook his way to the UFC.

#TristarDorms

P.S. The new 10th Planet Montreal Rash Guard is fly as fuck. DEATHSTAR!

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    I rolled with Ryan in January. He...demolished....me.... but was super nice about it after. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    That is awesome. Good to hear that he said the rg was effective on him
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    He destroyed me. I absolutely could not get him off of me. His leg dexterity and awareness is on amazing to watch. Chill dog was as far as I got before the ownage ensued.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I remember having the same problem with ryan when I rolled with him. He s good and a nice guy, I learned a lot from him. Keep up the good work jeese.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    This is a really cool story. The tristar experience sounds like a ton of fun. It'd be awesome if he does make it to the UFC. The UFC needs more high level BJJ guys to show the world how great BJJ is.