Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin

How you know when you've worked on a move enough.

so I've been working on my gogoplatas for ages now but recently ive been landing them ultra frequently, im loving it. seems that ive been working on it too much though and thinking on it as well since the other night, i couldnt sleep for three hours becuase i couldnt stop processing the rolls i had had that night and then last night i had a dream of getting someone in a triangle and then slipping it into a gogoplata. (it made sense in the dream) and then after winning i was gutted becuase no one had got it on video and i couldnt use it towards my next belt. i even did the 10th planet gang sign.

anyone else dream much about jiu jitsu?

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I bruised a toe in my sleep back when I did Kyokushin Karate. I dreamt of something bad and tried to kick it, and hit the wall at an odd angle. I couldn't forgive myself for kicking with poor technique. Even tho I was sleeping. That toe was in bad shape, haha!
    I've had some jiu jitsu dreams here and there too. Less risky, I might wake up choking my pillow.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Instead of counting sheep I count reps of certain series and rolls.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    And the only time you can say you practiced a move too much is when you're not growing in the rest of your game.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Instead of counting sheep I count reps of certain series and rolls.
    I've been doing this lately too. I've been really focussed on the HQ Warm up drill with the hip bump sweep. I've started to hit the sweep with way more success in the last few weeks. Can't say for sure that the two are related but I'm sure thinking of a move over and over again won't hurt.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    When you can tell a black belt that's what you are gonna do and then do it, that's when you have worked it enough

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    I think about rolls before I sleep most nights to be honest and thought I was weird for doing it! Nice to know someone else is with me lol. I find it helps me see where I went wrong and visualise what I should have done.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    When you can tell a black belt that's what you are gonna do and then do it, that's when you have worked it enough
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    I usually think about BJJ before bed, it keeps me up some nights if I cannot figure something out.

Landing it in your dream is one thing, try falling asleep on the mat have someone jump you and if you wake up and they are in the move thats when you've drilled it half as many times as you should.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Do tkd black belts count?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast