Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ

Avoiding import tax on 10th planer dvds

Hi Guys, I was going to buy some stuff from the store but the last time I bought from the states the import tax cost as much as the goods! Does any body know a way round this? Thanks

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Dude I'd love to help but everytime I buy from the states they KILL me on import tax. Over £20 at times. My dad used to work for the post office and he doesn't know a way of getting round it either.

The only idea I had to get around this in future would be to find someone else who want's something sent over as well and place it as one order, then split the customs charge.

Other than that I don't know of anyway around it. Let me know if you figure anything out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Yeah there's no way around it really. Sometimes you get hit, other times you don't. I was looking at ordering some stuff aswell.

Sam Sales

Was only talking about this on twitter a few days ago. I get fucked EVERY damn time with it when I order from the USA. Always end up paying at least an extra £25/$40. It is total bullshit that they do it in the first place, but to make the charges so much is just cuntish.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Maybe the 10P store could offer a digital copy? Then those over the pond could just download and burn their own?

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Maybe you should move to Australia where the weather is better and we don't pay any import tax?

Our cricket team does suck at the moment though

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    Maybe you should move to Australia where the weather is better and we don't pay any import tax?

Is that baseball for people who drink tea?

JK ill be visiting the land of Australia this year and I am looking forward to it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Is this a tax that is charged when you but something online? Or is it something the post office adds onto the shipping?

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post

I fancied Australia until you mentioned Cricket lol...not a sport we play much in Scotland Marty

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Simcox View Post
    Is this a tax that is charged when you but something online? Or is it something the post office adds onto the shipping?
    Its a customs tax for buying goods outside the UK mate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast