Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Bobby Rivers.....you are a bad muthafuker

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    "Eddie gained a ton of recognition by being the only muthafuka bad enough to sub my uncle in competition. His unorthodox nogi based style got credibility and notoriety after that victory. It was well deserved because nobody just gets lucky and accidentally triangles my uncle, who is one of the greatest jj competitors of all time."

I'm sure that's what Ralek meant.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    It made me mad, that he would show his true colours and lack of organisation for such a huge event, so easily. You gotta be a little delusional to think that they would be professional and respectful and 'playful' anyway. The hate is more than ever trust me. Difference is, that its behind our back instead of in our faces, as many of us can and will back it up! Sorry I cant say the same for them. I don't hate on anyone or any system. I love jiu jitsu. Thats what counts.

I think he was trying to be clever but he lacks the natural suave that it takes to function as an MC at those type of events. Rener seemed pretty professional but Ralek seemed like the goofball brother they threw a bone to so he wouldn't whine like a little punk for not getting to help out. Ralek also seemed condescending towards Royce during that odd "lifetime achievement" ceremony.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff V View Post
    I think he was trying to be clever but he lacks the natural suave that it takes to function as an MC at those type of events. Rener seemed pretty professional but Ralek seemed like the goofball brother they threw a bone to so he wouldn't whine like a little punk for not getting to help out. Ralek also seemed condescending towards Royce during that odd "lifetime achievement" ceremony.
    Einstein vs. Ralek Gracie...shouldn't have been talkin shit.

I thought it was disrespectful. I mostly thought the entire event save the Galvao and Lovato match was disrespectful.

The Gracie family aren't all dicks but it really seems like everyone on Helio's side of the family is.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Maybe this rematch is bringing a lot of suppressed or hidden emotions out from the Gracies. It is possible that the respect that has been shown thus far has been a front. It would make sense because every so often they let a little hate slip out. Idk, just saying.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I thought it was disrespectful. I mostly thought the entire event save the Galvao and Lovato match was disrespectful.
    Hey, the Kron fight was legit, and those ladies were super exciting to watch I thought.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post

The Gracie family aren't all dicks but it really seems like everyone on Helio's side of the family is.
    The Carlos lineage seems much more down to earth and open minded.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    Bobby Rivers.....you are a bad muthafuker

Reciprocated and 100% mutual Frank. Hespect.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    I could see how it comes off disrespectful...you felt it in the arena when he sad it but its all how you take it i guess.
    Just get on the mat and let the jiu jitsu do the talking at this point. All the matches were decent, except the Shcaub one of course. Super bummed Coop wasn't on the card would have been so much better. The crowd was the craziest, it was super diverse all type of people there you wouldn't think would be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234