Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Uriah Hall punching Mayhem Miller following Miller's repeated use of a racial slur

The story of Jason Miller and Uriah Hall getting into an altercation at a recent BAMMA event was big news last week. Reports from the scene said that Mayhem had repeatedly said something along the lines of "bitch ass nigga" to Hall repeatedly, eventually resulting in Hall taking a swing that did not fully connect.

A short, 34 second video of the encounter has now surfaced and shows Mayhem holding up his middle fingers, yelling "bitch nigga," "fuck you, bitch nigga" and going to say it a third time when Hall lunges forward and throws a punch. The crowd quickly separates the two as Miller tries to rush forward.

After the first use of a racial slur* you can hear someone in the mass of people let loose with a "WHAT?!"

Miller has a documented history of mental illness, we all know that. It's fine and good to say that he needs help. But it's also entirely fair to say that he might also just kind of be a bad guy.

The video by MMA Interviews has the following description:

The scene begins with Jason "Mayhem" Miller being aggressive to a woman who is apparently his ex girlfriend who he has allegedly assaulted in the recent past. She was visibly emotional and upset and he continued to yell at her. Uriah Hall poked his head in the situation and instantly Miller turned his aggression to him. He began with continuous rants of, "N**** please." Then the video starts and you see the rest.

* Sorry, people who want to dispute it. A white man using any variation of "the n-word" in a derogatory way toward a black man is racist. If you're choosing to yell it at a black man during a fight, there's a point to using it beyond 'it's just a word.' You're choosing it over the myriad other words in your vocabulary and you're choosing it because of the emotional impact/reaction it will stir.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/2...er-racial-slur

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    This really is a shame. Mayhem always seemed like a nice guy at heart, but he just can't seem to keep himself on the straight and narrow for too long before he does something ridiculous and stupid. I really hope someone can help the guy get back to normal (or at least normal by his standards).

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Mayhem needs to be put on medication... PERIOD!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    I always loved Mayhem well before the bully beatdown days loved his eccentric ways and grappling but he has just lost it. Either hes losing a battle with drugs or hes just off his rocker either way i hope someday we hear from a normal mayhem about these bad times and how he came back from it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i think we need to stop looking at celebrities and allowing them to get away with atrocious behaviour , or at least with less consequences just because they are famous. stop giving them so much media attention for it. in saying that miller is only famous for losing fights and crimes and not even any of that was done well.

if he abuses his ex and starts fights and breaks into churches etc, throw him in jail. put him throw the system. supernanny always says that punishments dont work if you dont use them properly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I guess he really is suicidle now...of the black people I would never say that word too, Uriah Hall is pretty fucking up their on that list. I met Mayhem in person right after he beat Sakuraba. He was really friendly and seemed under control. Maybe getting cut really fucked him mentally.

Sam Sales

Isaac is 100% correct.
    When will these fuckers get treated the same as normal people. If that was me stood there calling Uriah a bitch nigga I would have got jumped on by everybody in the venue and completely shunned from the community - and rightly so. Instead we have all these people feeling sorry for Mayhem like he isn't responsible at all for his actions.
    The dude is a racist fucker. I used to be a big Mayhem fan too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Does anyone know if he still trains?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    Does anyone know if he still trains?
    He is probably gonna end up being the Steve-O of MMA...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    He is probably gonna end up being the Steve-O of MMA...
    Haha what is Steve O the Steve O of?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast