Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

100% a neck crank???

So this whole week, we been drilling the hip bump to fail kimura to fail guillotine to 100%. I think Cora is getting the hang of it as she is able to toss me around like a rag doll, mine you, I'm 160 lbs. Anyways, today at the gym, her coach was teaching them 3/4 Nelson to counter a takedown. I watch them carefully and it look like the 100%. He went on to say that its a neck crank and might not be legal in tournaments, but its great to defend a takedown. So is the 100% a neck crank? Is it legal for kids to use it? Need to know so I can tell her not to use it tomorrow. Thank you...Bruce

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    im pretty sure it is a crank but u can use it just as a sweep which works really well. from there judo side mount and maybe get the arm tied up in your legs and move from there. its a great submission though, i love it

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    In tournaments if you finish it from mount it is a neck crank so she has to let go of it after sweeping. It can get pretty nasty...just ask my training partners! It's a submission I like when I can use it but at the gym no one even let's me get close to it anymore since it can be pretty rough.

You can kill somebody with the 100% from mount... easy!

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    In my experience it can be used as a sweep, but must let the head slip through or WILL be called for crank. If you let go of it once mounted youre good though. Used it and seen it many times with no issues.

Array

School
    also a really good move when youre standing pressed up against the cage and the opponent is going for a double leg.

Array

School
    Thanks guys.. we have always drilled it as a sweep option for a failed guillotine. She always release the hold after she get mount. Against bigger stronger kids, she can hardly get the hip bump, so this is a great option.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Thanks guys.. we have always drilled it as a sweep option for a failed guillotine. She always release the hold after she get mount. Against bigger stronger kids, she can hardly get the hip bump, so this is a great option.
    The hip bump sweep has no size threshold, it's about the timing. She should be able to hip bump Cain Velasquez if timed correctly with his posture commitment mistake.

The 100% is very versatile position, it can be a sweep, neck crank, or back take, or truck entry etc. etc... Once on mount, why not go back to the guillotine?? If her guillotine isn't highly developed then maybe not? You should make a trip to 10th planet Beaumont and we can work this with her, it's one if my favorite series.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    The hip bump sweep has no size threshold, it's about the timing. She should be able to hip bump Cain Velasquez if timed correctly with his posture commitment mistake.

The 100% is very versatile position, it can be a sweep, neck crank, or back take, or truck entry etc. etc... Once on mount, why not go back to the guillotine?? If her guillotine isn't highly developed then maybe not? You should make a trip to 10th planet Beaumont and we can work this with her, it's one if my favorite series.
    hey thanks buddy. Yeah we only been working it a week and haven't begin to really dive into the 100% potential yet. Is the gym open yet? What are the hours of operation?

Array

School
    when i wsa in germany, we worked on a ninja choke from the 100% grip. its probly the tightest choke ive ever had. im not a big enough player of 100% to use it though. theres a lot of options from there though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast