Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Next Generation Ballymena / 10th Planet Ronin

Setting up and Finishing the Arm Triangle

So what's your favourite way of setting up and finishing the arm triangle

Been trying the way shown by Eddie in MTS where you figure four your arms and put one hand to your head and then like twist his head with your arms....any tips for finishing it this way like a constant squeeze or any personal favourite ways you may have

This set covers pretty much all arm/naked style chokes, but mostly covers the side choke/arm triangle, darce/brabo, and nogi ezekiel/arm-in RNC. It's probably the best set that I've ever seen on chokes and ever since I've seen it I've been able to finish pretty much every choke without squeezing too hard and burning my arms out. I'd recommend it to anyone. he's wearing a gi in the dvd but 99% of the DVD is not gi specific. The only part of the 3 dvds that are gi specific are when he covers the sleeve ezekiel choke.

As you can see, he mostly focuses on relaxing his weight and driving so that their shoulder rolls into their neck. My arm triangle percentage has gone way way up. If you do figure four your arms, it's more likely to become a neck crank, but it's better to do it the Eddie Bravo way and put your locking hand behind your own head as opposed to putting your locking arm's hand on their forehead.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    I just finish it with the gable grip. Most important things to pay attention to is that you're head is close to theirs, that your forehead is on the mat, that you're are as hips low as possible and move out to the side. The issue I have with the figure four finish is that it often turns into a neck crank.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    This set covers pretty much all arm/naked style chokes, but mostly covers the side choke/arm triangle, darce/brabo, and nogi ezekiel/arm-in RNC. It's probably the best set that I've ever seen on chokes and ever since I've seen it I've been able to finish pretty much every choke without squeezing too hard and burning my arms out. I'd recommend it to anyone. he's wearing a gi in the dvd but 99% of the DVD is not gi specific. The only part of the 3 dvds that are gi specific are when he covers the sleeve ezekiel choke.

As you can see, he mostly focuses on relaxing his weight and driving so that their shoulder rolls into their neck. My arm triangle percentage has gone way way up. If you do figure four your arms, it's more likely to become a neck crank, but it's better to do it the Eddie Bravo way and put your locking hand behind your own head as opposed to putting your locking arm's hand on their forehead.
    Beat me to it.

there is also this

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post

hit this very choke twice yesterday.

lots of people feel safe once they roll to a side and clasp their arms under one leg when you attempt an arm triangle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I do mine with just a gable grip. I just insure that my hips are low and my weight is back at first so I can really roll my shoulder under their chin. Once I feel like my shoulder is in a good spot, I look away from my opponent, press the back of my head towards them and sink my shoulder lower and forward. I do my legs a lot like how Eddies does his, just minus knee on belly. We have jail breakers in our gym, so gotta keep it tight to their hip, no space. I usually set up the arm triangle from mount and sometimes the back if they slither out just right.

I hate gassing my arms out. I want 100% pure choke. And this is simple. I taught this to my kids class Monday and they all got it, even the 5 year olds looked awesome. :-)
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    i like hitting the triangle from mount getting the leg wrapped around their neck. this way, in the event that they pressure up into me or get the top position, i can still finish from my back. i also really like this version because you can also arm bar them if the triangle isn't doing the trick.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Keep your head pinned to the mat, Hit em with the comb over, Lock in the figure 4(like RNC), Trackstance with shin on the hip(push away forcing them to twist), Shoulder pressure and squeezee until there head until it pops off. If that doesnt work go to the chimp or impaler like savage!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Also whisper in their ear while your are choking them. My favorite is SHHHHHH, its ok! Then I chant some ayahuasca shaman songs while they are out!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast