Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville/Upper Cumberland MMA

Great Seminar with Sean Applegate

Just had an awesome seminar with Sean Applegate. He covered some De la Riva, Spiral Guard and berimbolo. All no-gi stuff that works great. The berimbolo techniques definitely gives a new prospective on things. Sean did an awesome job covering the techniques and tying everything together. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with Sean, his wife Tori, and Josh. Can't wait til we get to train together again. Also, thanks to Brandon Mccaghren for coming out.
    Upper Cumberland MMA
    10th Planet Cookeville - Leader (Cookeville, TN)

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    That's great! Glad it went well! The Applegate's are awesome people!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    You guys are doing great out there in Tennessee. Big things in the future for Michael Bartlett

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    Yea man...it was a dope seminar. Sean really breaks everything down into manageable pieces. Before this seminar, I didn't even really have these open guards on my learning radar...but now, I'm all about adding this to my game. Thanks Sean

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Sean did a great job. Watching him blossom into a strong teacher and practitioner has been one of my favorite parts of my jiu jitsu journey so far
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Big thanks to everybody that came out to level up their berimbology!

image_zps5e48bd0e.jpg

Array

School
    In my mind
    I've been to so many seminars in the past 5 years that I've literally lost count. I will say that 3 have truly been "game changers". Brent Litell, Brandon Mccaghren, and now Sean Applegate have sincerely changed my jiu jitsu game as well as deepened my knowledge of the technique. If I could sum up what my blue belt has done for me in a few words, it has allowed me to really see how little I actually know. By that I mean, it's a nice reminder that I don't know shit yet lol. Brandon asked me a few years ago, why I didn't play open guard. My response was something ignorant and I knew that it was because I just didn't really understand how to play it. I've been to four of Eddie's seminars covering only De La Riva and still didn't try to play it. It wasn't until listening to Sean's analogy of the DLR hook being a clinch that the light bulb came on. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have this broken nose had I used these techniques to clinch and keep weight off of me a few weeks ago. Sean's techniques, terminology, and knowledge flowed seamlessly throughout the entire seminar. I'd like to thank Michael Bartlett for hosting, Sean & Brandon for the love and knowledge, Tori for the chuckles, and Brian Tupper for putting up with my broke ass. By the way...In the pistachio position (if you trap the hand on the ankle) as you attempt to put your knee to the floor, shall forever be known as "Let me put the tip in!" That's all Brian and I right there. Somebody call Eddie and tell him it has a name :-)

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    I've been to so many seminars in the past 5 years that I've literally lost count. I will say that 3 have truly been "game changers". Brent Litell, Brandon Mccaghren, and now Sean Applegate have sincerely changed my jiu jitsu game as well as deepened my knowledge of the technique. If I could sum up what my blue belt has done for me in a few words, it has allowed me to really see how little I actually know. By that I mean, it's a nice reminder that I don't know shit yet lol. Brandon asked me a few years ago, why I didn't play open guard. My response was something ignorant and I knew that it was because I just didn't really understand how to play it. I've been to four of Eddie's seminars covering only De La Riva and still didn't try to play it. It wasn't until listening to Sean's analogy of the DLR hook being a clinch that the light bulb came on. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have this broken nose had I used these techniques to clinch and keep weight off of me a few weeks ago. Sean's techniques, terminology, and knowledge flowed seamlessly throughout the entire seminar. I'd like to thank Michael Bartlett for hosting, Sean & Brandon for the love and knowledge, Tori for the chuckles, and Brian Tupper for putting up with my broke ass. By the way...In the pistachio position (if you trap the hand on the ankle) as you attempt to put your knee to the floor, shall forever be known as "Let me put the tip in!" That's all Brian and I right there. Somebody call Eddie and tell him it has a name :-)
    Thanks for the kind words tony! It was great seeing you