Big Red's Shoulder Pressure technique

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Thank you BIG red

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Was just trying to explain to a few people how you would tap us out from just your side control pressure.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Little guy approved?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Looks like it's basically forcing the von flue choke. The von flue works not because his arm is stuck in a guillotine but because his shoulder is stuck off the mat and he can't turn away from your shoulder pressure. This forces that same position, keeping his shoulder off the mat and taking away his ability to turn away from the shoulder pressure.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Does it matter which hand is on top when you gable grip?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Brent, it's definitely little guy friendly. I do something very similar to this, just with some different details. Same principals though. It's vicious, and it'll put people to sleep quick. Even if the guys is way heavier than you, you can use this idea to make him completely miserable.

Great stuff, Adam. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing more stuff from you!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    when looking for the perfect spot to have your hands on their shoulders, is there some kind of bump or something that is a telltale sign you have it right?

just as an add on, it seems like if they did get the underhook, it would be a possible switch to an omoplata. the overhook is right there. if they get to their knees, swing your leg over for an omoplata and if youre quick enough grab mount and get the mono control going. i havnt tried it so i dunno if itll work but seems probable.

my question is, is there a size difference limit. im about 160 ish pounds, is it still ok against bigger guys, or is strength quite a big factor. i know brandon said its little guy friendly but does anyone have an idea on limits?

reminds me a bit of the dolf choke in the sense that the opponent doesnt really know that they should be defending. the surprise factor is just incredible. if you train to make this your go to control position then it will be murder for them.

nice work big red, cool to see you putting out videos so soon after gettin your moon going. hope everything is flying smoothly and more videos to come

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Brent, it's definitely little guy friendly. I do something very similar to this, just with some different details. Same principals though. It's vicious, and it'll put people to sleep quick. Even if the guys is way heavier than you, you can use this idea to make him completely miserable.

Great stuff, Adam. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing more stuff from you!
    I almost got put out...

Array

School
    10 Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    when looking for the perfect spot to have your hands on their shoulders, is there some kind of bump or something that is a telltale sign you have it right?

just as an add on, it seems like if they did get the underhook, it would be a possible switch to an omoplata. the overhook is right there. if they get to their knees, swing your leg over for an omoplata and if youre quick enough grab mount and get the mono control going. i havnt tried it so i dunno if itll work but seems probable.

my question is, is there a size difference limit. im about 160 ish pounds, is it still ok against bigger guys, or is strength quite a big factor. i know brandon said its little guy friendly but does anyone have an idea on limits?

reminds me a bit of the dolf choke in the sense that the opponent doesnt really know that they should be defending. the surprise factor is just incredible. if you train to make this your go to control position then it will be murder for them.

nice work big red, cool to see you putting out videos so soon after getting your moon going. hope everything is flying smoothly and more videos to come
    I believe you can feel the scapula, I am not sure if that's the right bone. I can definitely show you in person. Strength definitely helps. You can hit this on bigger guys just need to worry about them recovering guard or trying to buck you over. You need to be quick to let go of the choke and base your hands on the mat if you are getting bucked. Also now that you mention it I do have a gogoplata from the mount setup if the guy trys to under hook you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast