Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    my son trains on Kauai with some guys.. he's 12 . learning for him so we can train at home..

Humble question from a wannabe...

Sending shout outs to the far reaches of the 10th Planet! After extensive research whilst herbally enhanced i have come to the conclusion that 10th planet really is on to some next level shift. i live on Maui. NO 10th PLANET HERE! i discovered 10th planet watching metamoris 3. got my google on and started surfing everything eddie. fascinating shit man. couldnt help but start to watch the techniques and take note. now ive gotten REALLY INTO IT and watch rubber guard, truck and spiderweb transitions over and over again.its weird like a meditation. sometime i fall asleep and dream of putting my hand on the mat and i wake up shivering. my son trains on kauai but is here for the summer. he is 12 nd did really well at the nagas. 2nd and 3rd place. first thing he was ever good at. i want to help him out. First do you guys think its possible to learn and apply from videos? im well aware that the benefits of training at a gym far exceed that, but is there a benefit still? i mean, i can see the technique.i watch every morning and stretch butterfly , lotus etc. (ouch!) I'm 40 and have no desire to do anything with jujitsu besides enjoy it. there is a rickson school here but alas, ex brazilian girlfriend drama, and to be honest i just like the 10th planet style better. football not tennis. if you can keep driving the ball up the field its never thier turn! i love that shit! i want to put it out there to anyone who trains 10th planet and is coming to Maui.. hit me up if youre obsessed and want someone to roll with on vacation.. so anyway, whats the verdict? you think it would help more than hurt or vice versa? i must say that my wife, who is 115 soaking wet (trust me) enjoys slapping on a sorcerer that is tighter than a mans anis and i cannot get out. ok it has been very good for you to read this

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Some jiu jitsu is better than no jiu jitsu.

Still the benefits of getting beat the fuck up by higher belts far exceeds that of training with other noobs all the time. If you can find a gym, any gym, with a lot of blues, purps, and browns you should join there. My gym has mostly purples with two browns, one of which could probably be a black belt, and a few blues, and even less whites. My game has skyrocketed since starting to subject myself to their abuse.

As for your age, I know plenty of people older than you/your age that compete. The risk of injury isn't nearly as high as one would think, and it does wonders for your game as well as your psyche.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Welcome buddy

I train at a traditional BJJ school and learn my 10P shit from Mastering The System, Eddies online web series. It's $5 a month and worth every penny as Eddie shows exactly what he has been teaching at HQ. As you say, no doubt training at a school is better but training with friends/family from videos and books is better than nothing.

My advice would be to go to a class with your son and get involved. If, like my instructor, the instructor there is open minded they won't have any problems with you using 10P techniques while rolling. Also it gives you the opportunity to meet others who might also be closet 10P nerds

Wish you all the best dude, good luck

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I am 37 and have been training a year prior to turning 30. There was no 10th planet for myself either, but eddies books and dvds are awsome. There is no reason why you can't become proficient in the system. This is where the term Ronin (masterless samurai) was born, from peeps learning on there own and representing. Learn what you can and take it with you when you roll, often people are caught unaware as they are not familar with the system.

Array

School
    my son trains on Kauai with some guys.. he's 12 . learning for him so we can train at home..
    Thanks all for the encouragement.. yea just gonna go with it. its mind expanding for sure and im reaping huge benefits just from the added flexibility.. enjoying the journey for sure..

Array

School
    10thPlanet HQ/Oside/Kauai
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Ischay View Post
    Sending shout outs to the far reaches of the 10th Planet! After extensive research whilst herbally enhanced i have come to the conclusion that 10th planet really is on to some next level shift. i live on Maui. NO 10th PLANET HERE! i discovered 10th planet watching metamoris 3. got my google on and started surfing everything eddie. fascinating shit man. couldnt help but start to watch the techniques and take note. now ive gotten REALLY INTO IT and watch rubber guard, truck and spiderweb transitions over and over again.its weird like a meditation. sometime i fall asleep and dream of putting my hand on the mat and i wake up shivering. my son trains on kauai but is here for the summer. he is 12 nd did really well at the nagas. 2nd and 3rd place. first thing he was ever good at. i want to help him out. First do you guys think its possible to learn and apply from videos? im well aware that the benefits of training at a gym far exceed that, but is there a benefit still? i mean, i can see the technique.i watch every morning and stretch butterfly , lotus etc. (ouch!) I'm 40 and have no desire to do anything with jujitsu besides enjoy it. there is a rickson school here but alas, ex brazilian girlfriend drama, and to be honest i just like the 10th planet style better. football not tennis. if you can keep driving the ball up the field its never thier turn! i love that shit! i want to put it out there to anyone who trains 10th planet and is coming to Maui.. hit me up if youre obsessed and want someone to roll with on vacation.. so anyway, whats the verdict? you think it would help more than hurt or vice versa? i must say that my wife, who is 115 soaking wet (trust me) enjoys slapping on a sorcerer that is tighter than a mans anis and i cannot get out. ok it has been very good for you to read this

Howz it Daniel!

I live on Kauai and train at the Relson school here (nogi nights only). I have people over to my house in Puhi 2nights a week where I serve up 10planet warm ups before we roll. If you are ever on Kauai we would love to have you over. Also, curious as to what school your son attends.
    Last edited by Sean James; 06-04-2014 at 03:31 AM.
    The 10thPlanetjj Family Map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...513672&t=h&z=4

The 10thPlanetjj Family Tree http://www.jj4all.com/10p/rank/

Instagram: seanjitsu

Array

School
    Hey Sean thanks for the heads up..havent lived on Kauai for about 8 years, where is the relson academy? is that in puhi as well?my son trains at new breed in Kapaa. i think he is going to train here for the summer at Luis Heredias school (Rickson) As for myself, i dont get to Kauai as often as id like BUT it does happen.. i will definitely look you up when it does. Thanks again for the invite man.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I was a ronin for years learning off of the videos, and now I have my own moon. Watching technique vids and reading books can be a great way to learn if you are anlytical and you practice what you see.

Have fun with your son and keep training where ever you can.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Daniel, I am freshly turned 41, and I didn't start BJJ until I was 39. I am in better shape now than I was when I was actively training in TKD as a Black Belt in my early twenties.
    (And I am still just a white belt in 10P/BJJ)

Get at it.
    MTS all day.
    Last edited by Kurzy; 06-04-2014 at 11:38 AM.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    Do what you can, man. I've been a 10p ronin for over 6 years, I train/train with various mma guys (I haven't fought MMA for a while, focus more on grappling competition these days), no 10p around, but luckily I recently discover that Sean Bollinger comes pretty close to my area fairly often, so I meet up with him as much as possible. I'm 33, btw.
    Train with anyone you can, and hook up with 10p guys whenever possible. And definitely subscribe to MTS and get Eddie's books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast