Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You could do it leg lock only. But you'd be at your gym forever the day of the tournament waiting for everyone to limp out of there
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    You could do it leg lock only. But you'd be at your gym forever the day of the tournament waiting for everyone to limp out of there
    We would have wheel chairs on stock.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan fortiN View Post
    In my opinion CHOKE IS KING!! Ive seen people fight through broken limbs.... but ive never seen someone fight unconscious. Originally it was chokes only, but some guys say... oooo that was a crank, not a choke. so instead of having the celebrity judge have to deal with that... chokes, and cranks... pass the guard, and ATTACK THE NECK!!!
    I’m going to start by saying this is a cool idea for a single novelty event. I mean, what harm could it do, I’d love to jump in something like that.
    And I agree with you about the importance of the choke
    However: I think if this caught on it could lead to really bad grappling. Like what has been brought up, could you bait other things? No, no you can’t because bait doesn’t work unless you can follow through. Now people can do wrong stuff like not clasp there hands together in spider web and “bench press” people off of them and such (yeah, I know, there is other way to beat that one from mounth other than an arm bar… but I think you could still see some craziness). I mean, if you tried to bench press me off of mount, I could always go to spider web and then to a triangle or the back…. Oh wait, no I can’t. That’s what I would do in class if I was just hunting a choke on someone but here there would be no reason for them to clasp their hands together and I couldn’t use any submission threat to make the POSITION ITSELF exist. Yeah, you might be able to pumble his arms off and go to the back or arm triangle without that but… maybe not. And yeah, I think you will see a lot of stalling but I think the leg locks are the LEAST of your worries (and I’m a big time leg lock guy). I’m more concerned at how it changes all primary positions in grappling.

But for what it is as a novelty, I think it’s cool, have fun with it It doesn’t hurt to compete in some weird rule sets every once in a while. After all, I’ve entered IBJJF based rule set and those rules are pretty crazy too

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    some solid points here, debes

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    Only way to find out, is to fly out Brian and Sean, you guys and your teams, ALONG WITH ALL 10TH PLANET FAMILY, are always welcome at Vista, at NO CHARGE! Currently Im looking for purple belts under 170 for the Qualifier to test these ideas out! San Diego is a great place to visit during the summer, just saying! June 28th, at 10th Planet Vista, a chance to win up to $300, plus if you win you get a spot in the main tournament in October for a chance to win $2250!!!!! APPLY TODAY!!!

http://www.cutthroatcarnival.com/contact.html

Array

School
    10WO
    Was glacing over the rules: it looks like no spinal locks, so no twister?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan fortiN View Post
    Only way to find out, is to fly out Brian and Sean, you guys and your teams, ALONG WITH ALL 10TH PLANET FAMILY, are always welcome at Vista, at NO CHARGE! Currently Im looking for purple belts under 170 for the Qualifier to test these ideas out! San Diego is a great place to visit during the summer, just saying! June 28th, at 10th Planet Vista, a chance to win up to $300, plus if you win you get a spot in the main tournament in October for a chance to win $2250!!!!! APPLY TODAY!!!

http://www.cutthroatcarnival.com/contact.html
    I think this sounds like a challenge! I like challenges.. too bad id have to cut my leg off at the hip to make 170

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I think this sounds like a challenge! I like challenges.. too bad id have to cut my leg off at the hip to make 170
    hey man, one less leg to lock
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    hey man, one less leg to lock
    One less leg to walk... haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    I think this is very cool and one of a kind!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast