Array

School
    Back from vacation
    I wanted a 3rd round.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    the Russian Mob says when Fedor retires, Dana offered him 5 million a fight for 5 fights, that's 25 million dollars & M1 tried to '' Strong Arm '' him. thats more than GSP & Anderson's deals, & very generous. & giving M1 a share in proceeds would have been stupid business. Fedors great, but he ain't Anderson or Gsp
    I heard it was nowhere near that much and dana was leaking that stuff out just like his fake ppv buys...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    I heard it was nowhere near that much and dana was leaking that stuff out just like his fake ppv buys...
    Where did you hear that?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    ok...don't laugh...it was a sherdog thread a while back. I do know that he accidentally tweeted his ppv buys to some reporter as 1 million when they were actually 750k. James Toney got the biggest UFC payday with something a little over 500k. So for him to offer Fedor 5 million a fight for 5 fights seems way high. The only thing I remember Dana saying is that Fedor would have been making the most money in the UFC...which is not saying much.

Array

School
    Ronin
    ok...don't laugh...it was a sherdog thread a while back. I do know that he accidentally tweeted his ppv buys to some reporter as 1 million when they were actually 750k. James Toney got the biggest UFC payday with something a little over 500k. So for him to offer Fedor 5 million a fight for 5 fights seems way high. The only thing I remember Dana saying is that Fedor would have been making the most money in the UFC...which is not saying much.
    ya, who knows what he actually offered him but the joint promotion thing was obviously true because thats what strikeforce had to do to get Fedor. Which would have been stupid buisness for the ufc. Im just trying to keep things real here bro, I HEARD they make big dick pills but im not spending 39.95 for a 30 day supply! You know what I mean? lol

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    ya, who knows what he actually offered him but the joint promotion thing was obviously true because thats what strikeforce had to do to get Fedor. Which would have been stupid buisness for the ufc. Im just trying to keep things real here bro, I HEARD they make big dick pills but im not spending 39.95 for a 30 day supply! You know what I mean? lol
    Well Dana protects his Brand...and although he's a douche when it comes to Fedor, he is kind of being proved right about having the best fighters at heavyweight. The new breed of heavies are in the UFC and I think Overeem will probably be with the UFC if he wins the tournament. I'm sure it pissed Dana off that Fedor didn't sign. He was interviewed about it and I think he actually flew to Russia to get dude to come over. As I said...I just got all pissy because he was laughing at him getting beat tonight....too bad...I really had this fantasy of him and overeem fighting and overeem beating him and overeem vs. Cain

Array

School
    Ronin
    Ya I think thats why Dana is so pist about the The whole deal. I truly beileve he did every thing he could to get Fedor short of a co promotion. Because thats what a lot of ufc fans wanted and he wanted ufc tallent to be the ones who stomped out Fedor's career and prove he wasn't invincible. Now its going to just be a bunch of speculation about how he's just past his prime now and he would have beat Brock and he would have beat this guy and that guy in the ufc. I hope your right about Overeem ending up in the ufc. I think he's top three in the world and would like to see him mix it up with Cane, JDS, Brock and Carwin.

Array

School
    Sul Jiu-Jitsu
    I've never been so happy for being wrong like I am right now. I didn't really like Pezao 'cause he seemed a lil' cocky in some of his interviews, but I was proven to be wrong. Silva is a monster, a really good fighter and a humble guy.
    He dominated Fedor like no one ever did, he totally deserve this victory.

In regard to the Fedor-UFC matter, it's common sense the only reason he didn't signed with the UFC was the co-promotion thingy; it was not about honor, about having control of his career, anything like that. The russians got greedy and, well, this is not how Dana works. Also, I really think M-1 Global was kinda scared and avoiding real challenges; after all, if a guy loses a match and gets a title shot... there's something wrong.

Anyway, congratulations Pezao, you really made us brazilians proud.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    sherdog threads are like '' High School Hallways '' full of bullshit hearsay !

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Silva made Fedor's guard look non-existent. It was awesome though to see Fedor stay in the pocket and trade blows. For the first round, that fight was completely insane and awesome.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast