Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield

I was wondering....

Would you be the same person if you were left handed, or right handed if you are a lefty. I hear that lefties are more creative, so would I just be me with a left dominant side or would I have chosen a different sport or job?
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Please don't take this as me trying to be a cocky bastard.

I'm left handed and I'm way more creative than anyone else in my family. I'm also a very fast learner. I'm also very good at playing the piano (picked it up in about 2 years everyone thought I had been playing my whole life). Anything involving creativity I excel at. When I was in highschool I took a test on spatial ability and it scored off the charts. Now my brother on the other hand is right handed and is very analytical and practical, and is better at things that involve constructed education. That's why he did well in college, me not so much. He's a reporter. also, sometimes people tell me I'm weird. I'm also really obsessive.

So ya it would probably affect what kind of person you are in some ways, I think it has with me.

Array

School
    RONIN
    I have heard the same stuff Mike. Its interesting to think about. I believe I was born left handed, but by the age of 6 my right hand took over everything but throwing and writing. Although, I can write and throw with both hands just as well. I'm just more comfortable writing with my left since that is how i started. Anyway, i feel left hand dominant. I don't consider myself to be very creative, at least when it comes to being artistic. However, I'm very creative when put in analytical and practical situations. I tend to see outside of the box.
    This makes me wonder if parents traits are handed down thru genes, and if that is not the bigger contribuator. It could be the environement we grow up in. How we see are parents come up with solutions to problems. If both parents differ, one being creative, and one being practical, makes you wonder how we end up being who we become. Great topic Mike

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    My father inlaw is left handed and he's not creative at all. Anecdotal evidence trumped.

The dude listens to Glenn Beck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    My father inlaw is left handed and he's not creative at all. Anecdotal evidence trumped.

The dude listens to Glenn Beck.
    /End Thread

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by zaya View Post
    Please don't take this as me trying to be a cocky bastard.

I'm left handed and I'm way more creative than anyone else in my family. I'm also a very fast learner. I'm also very good at playing the piano (picked it up in about 2 years everyone thought I had been playing my whole life). Anything involving creativity I excel at. When I was in highschool I took a test on spatial ability and it scored off the charts. Now my brother on the other hand is right handed and is very analytical and practical, and is better at things that involve constructed education. That's why he did well in college, me not so much. He's a reporter. also, sometimes people tell me I'm weird. I'm also really obsessive.

So ya it would probably affect what kind of person you are in some ways, I think it has with me.
    I'm exactly like this and I'm right handed

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Alvarez View Post
    I have heard the same stuff Mike. Its interesting to think about. I believe I was born left handed, but by the age of 6 my right hand took over everything but throwing and writing. Although, I can write and throw with both hands just as well. I'm just more comfortable writing with my left since that is how i started. Anyway, i feel left hand dominant. I don't consider myself to be very creative, at least when it comes to being artistic. However, I'm very creative when put in analytical and practical situations. I tend to see outside of the box.
    This makes me wonder if parents traits are handed down thru genes, and if that is not the bigger contribuator. It could be the environement we grow up in. How we see are parents come up with solutions to problems. If both parents differ, one being creative, and one being practical, makes you wonder how we end up being who we become. Great topic Mike
    Interesting...My Older Brother was born Left Handed and my Parents had him learn to do everything right handed...so today he only uses his right hand. But if you look at the personality traits for a lefty - he hits it to a T..