Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    100 per hr is average for custom work. If they charge you per location - find a new artist. My guy charges me peanuts now because Ive been going to him for so long....sometimes they will honor that. Stick w one guy and be loyal. My guy said he sometimes charges based on spedning time w the person in the chair (is it someone you can stand to sit with for two hours??)

Good tattoos arent cheap and cheap tattoos arent good...

I agree. about $100 hour. Unless you come in with a design or concept then you usually just determine the price before hand. Dv since you have seen mine:
    Tatoo on Leg- $75, 45min
    Chest- $200ish, 2.5 hour
    Shoulder flames and tribal- about 400 for around 3.5-5.5 hours of work.

hope that helps. also, PM for advice on who to go to.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Thanks Dizzle and all the other responses, I won't budget shop, I just want to know what to expect.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    $100-$125/hr for most legit shops. Don't settle on a shop because its convenient to go there. Go because you truly like the artist's work. Ask around, but don't ask the guy thats got like 15 shitty tattoos! It also depends on the style of work I.e. traditional Japanese, traditional (aka americana), b/w portrait, tribal, etc. Most real artists like to stay with and master one or two styles. And mostly likely if you walk into a shop and they say we can take you right now....you should probably turn around and run. The best artists have wait lists. I've waited 4 months for a scheduled appt before.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12