Crazy Knee Bar ....

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    sneaky....i like it. Thanks for sharing Jason

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    You can hit that from the bottom too but you have more power from the top half guard.

Array

School
    Impact Martrial Arts
    Looks like the opposite to the Kamikaze Calf Crank...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I use it a bit. However Sarkis one of my Blue Belts (and long time Judo and Sambo competitor) is a master at it.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    I hit this most often after an electric chair sweep.

I've been trying to get that for about a year now..

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    I've tried to do that but I never hit it in a roll, unless it's against a new guy. Interesting to see it hit in competition.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I think i have literally been caught in that about 30 times. My original instructor (3rd degree Dela Riva black belt Alex Quintella) used to use it religiously. If you turn on your side to relieve the pressure he would go twister pass from half and just walk his leg out and extend his hips. Ive hit it a few times...mostly on newer guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    You can hit that from the bottom too but you have more power from the top half guard.
    I agree. In my experience, the toughest part is keeping them tight enough when they raise their hips when you apply it.

The best entry I have found to attack it from the bottom is to fail at the electric chair sweep. Once you have swept or submitted people with the electric chair, they will start to base out, and put pressure down when you try to enter into the electric chair. This usually results in being caught flat on your back under them with an underhook on the far leg. From here, you just need to move the arm that was wrapped around their waist to wrapping the leg that is locked down, switch the lock down to a triangle, and apply the knee bar. It is one of those great submissions where they pretty much force it on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast