Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Quick update since moving to a 10th planet gym..

So I finally made the trip south to begin my training at 10th Planet Decatur. Im not going to spend hours even attempting to go over what Ive learned in this short period of time (a few weeks).. Instead Ill just give a summary in hopes of adding fuel to the fire inside the Ronin individuals who have been contemplating making the move.

First things first.. Even though I have no doubt that any 10th planet gym you choose will be equipped with a great instructor(s), I must say, Brandon has made this transition feel worthwhile instantaneously. Its one thing to watch videos for hours a day, attempt to dissect them, and try to use them on kids no more skilled that you only a few times a week.. But its a completely different thing to have someone who is able to point out the small details that are necessary when competing against the higher levels. Even in the areas I was most confident in.. Ive been able to improve on exponentially just in the short time ive been here.

But without getting too distracted by the excellent coaching, I also have to mention how much of a HUGE benefit it is to be able to roll with a class full of individuals, with completely different styles, multiple times a day. Getting to work from positions against one opponent, and then having a whole new obstacle to engage in with the next. The variety of game-play and reps alone are worth the move.

In short, I could go on forever about the amount of benefits you'll receive from making the commitment to join a 10th planet gym. But the best way would be to at least make the trip once. Any gym you want.. just get in there and see what youre missing out on. The atmosphere, the depth of knowledge at your disposal, the motivation that comes with others pushing you, as well as wanting to push those around you to get better. It really is so much more than just another Karate dojo.

Im still at the VERY beginning stages of this life decision that is Jiujitsu.. But Ive never been more excited about it as i have been in the past couple weeks. To visibly see my game changing at a rate i didnt really see as possible before.. It makes up for any sacrifice that was needed to get here. To see how many holes are in my game from nearly every position.. it almost makes me feel unworthy of even the white belt status. As of now, Im still an empty cup. But man its awesome to imagine where I could be in a year, now that I have every mistake brought to my attention instantaneously.

It feels good to finally be where I know I need to be. And now that Ive tasted the art up close and personal.. Theres no chance I would ever go back. Thanks again to all the instructors in the system who make this possible. You dont know how much youre appreciated.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    the decatur moon is awesome man. you definitely made a good choice

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Brandon rocks!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Glad to have you here man! There isnt anywhere Id rather train. Brandon is an amazing coach and 10th Planet Decatur is the nicest group of people Ive ever had the pleasure of training with.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I like reading things like this. I echo your sentiments when I joined 10th Rochester last year. And Brandon is a great instructor. I still remember all the details he taught for his style of monoplata and mono mount vividly. It's one of my favorite subs and series now.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Im am so glad that you wrote this, I have tried to explain this to peeps online before. They have no understanding of how much detail is getting missed until they are in a 10th gym. I love when it happens, its always like WOW I had no idea lol.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Really great post, Chronic. Nicely done.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    In my mind
    So, you gonna be at the seminar on the 1st brotha? Looking forward to meeting you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Well said!!!Welcome to the family, enjoy the journey!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It's such an honor to have things like this happen; somebody picking up their entire life and moving to Decatur AL to train at our gym. It's kinda surreal, actually.

Thanks so much for putting your faith in me as an instructor. I promise to give you my absolute best effort and to do everything I can to ensure that you always feel like you made a good decision to be here with our team.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast