Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stomp help?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

stomp help?

So I missed the weeks we went over the stomp in class last year. Now I'm trying to figure it out while rolling based on videos of Eddie, but I can't figure it out exactly.

Is it mostly core strength in sitting up? Is straightening your butterfly leg? Is it planting your non butterfly leg and scooting your butt free?

The 3 times I tried I feel like I was using to much core strength and getting no where or my butterfly leg didn't have enough weight on it for me to get any push off of it.

Tips?

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    its straightening your butterfly hooks, keeping them tight to the opponents legs, then scooting your legs in, shouldnt be to hard if you use the pimp arm well

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Once you've established the half butterfly, you've completed the stomp, sounds like your getting that far already. Lots of game from the half-butterfly, I assume your trying to simply get back to basic butterfly guard? Im not 100% clear on what your asking or what your saying you have trouble with? Simply use that butterfly to assist your shrimp to butterfly guard. Your press off HIM with that butterfly, not the ground. Im sure everything I said you already know. Regardless, hope this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    If you use the super stomp, you can have both butterfly's before they settle back down.

Array

School
    Scott, yeah I'm trying to get to the cocoon. My opponent kinda leaves his leg limp so it'st like I didn't have enough weight to kick off of.

I def need to use my pimp arm more.

My main problem is trying to sit up into the cocoon. I'm using a lot of core. Problem is I have a mean beer gut that I regained and my core is weak as hell. But regardless I knew I was doing something wrong because at my weakest, whenever I'd do any tech correctly, my partner always felt light as a feather.... Which is saying a lot since my training partner was usually a 245lbs Sarkis.

Helpful tips so far.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Practice 100 times with 50% resistance then try it in class. If it doesn't work, rep 100 more times etc
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    the master has spoken.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I find the original stomp to be a life saver against an aggressive savvy oponent who keeps forward pressure. By methodically following the steps, stomping and trapping their foot impedes their advancement, and gives you the extra time and space you might need to get your hook in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Game off the over hook is essential just keep getting reps in the stomp is huge you are on the right track

ig and twitter @jm10p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast