Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet

? on Eddie Bravo's Demonstration of the Guillotine from Side in MTS 1.

Mastering The System 1: ( 8:25 into the Video ) Question / Insight on Technique

Eddie,

I tried your technique at the 8:25 mark of the MTS 1 video… ( Guillotine from Side ) It Looks sick, although I frequently get rolled or bridged off, and the move is effectively shut down from there. don’t know if it’s because I was up against a teammate about 25lbs more than me when I was trying to drill it. It seemed like my opponent bridging was the defense against me everytime i got to the position, I tried to execute it as effectively as you demonstrated..

Is this something your still working with. You mentioned that it would be in a future MTS, although I haven't seen it. Any feedback would be great.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I think Eddie posted something about still refining this technique and he'd demonstrate it when he was ready. Drysdale has a side control Guillotine in Glover's Travels episode 3. Youtube it. I'm not sure if it's part one or part 2. If you haven't seen Glover's Travels yet, I suggest you get on that. There is lots of cool stuff to be learned from those videos.
    "How did Ricardo Arona get in my guard? Maybe he took me down, it doesn't matter, maybe I just woke up one morning and Ricardo Arona was in my guard. Here's what I'm gonna do." - Mario Sperry

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Yeah Eddie said he wanted to hit it on some of his top guys first.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Bruce-hit me up. I have some variations that I can show you, and counters/control for when the opponent bridges, or rolls to their knees.

Array

School
    Thanks John, will do! I'd like to schedule sometime with you again. I'll be in touch.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    I think Eddie posted something about still refining this technique and he'd demonstrate it when he was ready. Drysdale has a side control Guillotine in Glover's Travels episode 3. Youtube it. I'm not sure if it's part one or part 2. If you haven't seen Glover's Travels yet, I suggest you get on that. There is lots of cool stuff to be learned from those videos.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into.