Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First and foremost, this is NOT a gi/nogi argument. I didn't see the interview but, Frank shouldn't categorize his jiu-jitsu as lazy or gi orientated. He has been in the big league for a while now and my guess is that his game is less gi orientated now than it has ever been. When Mir first appeared on the scene, his appeal was that "he was a heavyweight that moved like a lightweight" It's not like he just stepped out of the Mundials and into the octagon. Mir is one of my favorites but it kinda sounds like excuses.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Bolden View Post
    Perception vs reality is an interesting thing. If you look at those 13 videos I put up on Submissions 101 of Frank talking and showing technique, you get a sense of what the guy is really like. He certainly has a camera personality but he is a very thoughtful and well spoken martial artist.

The night before I filmed that seminar, I was in the locker room with one of my fighters for some local MMA fights here in Victoria (AFC). Robert Drysdale was in our locker room as well. Frank was cornering him and he was there as well. We got to talk for quite a while about different aspects of the game, the internet, people's perception. Real interesting stuff.

Take Eddie. There are tons of people that throw him under the bus and THINK they know him and 'what he is about.' Then, you meet the man, you find out that your 'perception' is much different than reality. This goes for anyone in the lime light. We have our favorites based on really strange criteria. Such as life I suppose.
    Spot on, good stuff

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    That was a cool video, thats awesome Mir is adding some RG into his game.

Dustin C.

Nice! love to see Eddie teaching, but even more so to a guy like Frank. Great stuff Eddie

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Mir was actually criticizing himself for being lazy and the no gi reference was mostly towards how his wrestling sucked and that he is working on that. Ryan m defend the gi man, its cool to be lazy

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    That's a nice spin Ericp. But you're way off. Mir was not saying that he was lazy, like eating Doritos and watching TV instead of training. He was saying that his Jiu Jitsu was lazy, too gi-oriented. I'm not bashing the gi or anything. I'm just repeating what Frank Mir said in the interview.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    I saw this clip a WHILE back, and was disappointed that Mir never used the system in any of his fights.
    The clip (I believe) is like three years old...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123