Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In what other aspects of life does jiu jitsu help you?

Mental clarity skills, decision making skills, nunchuck skills...

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Learning to roll with the punches that life throws at you, be patient, make strong decisions and stand by them.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Whenever my boss sends me an email about my performance, I armdrag first (don't be silly, everyone trains these days) and take his back, then proceed to choke him unconcious.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I used to be very impatient. Now, instead of standing in a line getting angry, I calmly look at the guy in front of me and think "He's got a fat neck, would I have to goon it first or could I sink in the butterfly choke right away"

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    Definitely nunchucks

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    I am for real smarter because of Jiu Jitsu, always problem solving has really focused my mental focuses.
    That and whenever I drop something I catch the fuck out of it

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    Focused my mental focuses... Yeah that was real smart...

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'JFaz' Farren View Post
    whenever I drop something I catch the fuck out of it
    This is so true man, since I started jj, I have literally intercepted footballs from people playing catch (awkward), and have been happy to jump into a batting cage here and there. I feel more athletic, and I get competitive with exercise, especially against more fit people. I even play basketball, and I suck at basketball, but I enjoy playing now. There's something about the athleticism and skill management required for Bjj that opens up all these other things for people.

My buddy spent a month training at zenith in Brazil, where he met "Buchecha's" father. He told my buddy that Buchecha never kicked a ball right, or played any sport, on the contrary, he's completely uncoordinated in any other sport. It's crazy how after jiujitsu you're automatically comfortable with other things that include balance and coordination.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    In between schools
    Cardio, cardio, cardio.

I ran in a charity 5K and I had my best time ever even though I hadn't ran in over a year since training BJJ. Bought 5 day ski pass that had to be used within 7 days for resorts in SLC. We ended up skiing 5 straight days using the other 2 for travel. I kept thinking how difficult it was hitting the slopes after not skiing for 10 years and with the thin air due to the high elevation but it was really no big deal compared to getting smashed in class!

Hespect

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I think more than anything the martial arts have taught me how to strive for excellence. Or what true excellence even looks like. The idea that repetition and commitment can make anybody good at anything is empowering.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast