Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Can we talk about Carni's for a moment?

Hey all. This move here is a move i have good success with against a lot of people. And good people at that yo. But i want ask yall's advice real quick. Okay im in rubber guard i go to New York, clear the head to chill dog, NOW wait just a sec. Im in chill dog okay. Iv noticed a lot of people can defend the gogo plata if they are good , and going to jiu claw is pointless to me. Why? most people roll out of the omaplata (yeah i know i can get the sweep to twister side but i want a sub!). Soooooooooooooo do you think it is applicable if I just let dude pass my off leg so i can hook is leg and get a carni. He can't roll on a carni. thats why i like it. So what do you think? I have been doing this and tearing it up. Thoughts?

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Its an awesome move. You can bait a guy to it the way you are doing it but it's mainly used as a last resort if he passes the leg. Using it as a go to might be dangerous only because you have very little options if it doesn't work. But keep putting those reps in. Become a blackbelt at the carni and you will be more comfortable playing with everything that comes before it.

Thanks Jesse. I just have been using it cuz i have no success against blue and purples with a gogo plata or omaplata. however i do let them pass my leg and have success with a carni. cuz they cant roll.

where the hell is everyone? you guys go to bed with the birds. damn. lol. I could have made a post about grilling out hamburgers. Hey if you dip them in Honey barbeque sauce you will be happy trust me. throw them on some buns. Add pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonaise, ketchup, mustard, bacon, cheese. godamn im hungry. i love you guys even though you wont talk about carnis and rubber guard with me lol. lets do this. im getting there. take care friends.

Array

School
    On the search
    Like Jesse Bell said use it as a last resort if they pass the leg. Try to get the Omaplata or the gogo (facialplata!!! My favorite move!). After a while of using it as a go-to everyone will catch on and defend even getting anywhere near into it.

The only reason I started getting into 10thPlanetJJ is guys like you. I'm not flexible but I'm working on it. I've almost got my butterfly stretch with knees on the floor. The only way to know how to defend this stuff is to study it. They'll figure it out and you'll be on to the next sub.

thanks matthew. Where you at Chris herzog? Eddie Bravo? Brandon Mc? Brandon Palmer? Scott Philips? Bobby Rivers? Jon Helton? Where you guys at? Asleep with chicken and dumplings on your mind? they are good i ain't gonna lie . every time i go to decatur i stop by the waffle house. I get 4 over easy eggs with 5 pieces of toast, gravy, bacon, sausage and wash it down with cold ass milk and sweet tea. yo. thats what a man eats. peace

Array

School
    RONIN
    Carni's are great and I use them a lot. However, be careful using them as a go to. Plp will catch on and its really easy to unhook your foot b4 you can finish the shoulder lock. They can then roll out and possibly scrabble back on top. Eddie gives another great option. Once they catch on and are good at defending the carni, then beat the to the roll b4 the unlock your foot. Grab the shoulder and force them to roll, sit up and you will have catch a gogo plata from mount. this is demenstrated in MTS 18 or 19 i believe. check it out

Array

School
    RONIN
    my apologies, its MTS 17

Small hands smell like cabbage?

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    A few things, 1) if I have chill dog, king fu, but cant finish to go go, what's wrong with putting my butterfly hook in and finishing the carni? That's a great option and if he unhooks the butterfly then like in mts17 you swim to mono control or mounted gogo. This route is no different than going for jiuclaw and then omo. As Eddie has said, no move is 100%, if it was that's all we would do. Its about getting this to highest achievable %. That being said if I have something partially locked on ill try to adjust before bailing to something completely different (ie.I have a triangle and a guy baits the omissions, he's in trouble and wants a scramble, why not adjust instead). Remember "don't give up the one you love, for the one you like. Cuz the one you like might leave you for the one they love" Macaquinho Safado. Also Jiu Jitsu is a game of strategy, action, reaction so in both scenarios, king fu to Jiu claw to omissions, or king fu to carni and to mono if necessary we are rolling and adapting to what's given to us. Nothing wrong with going for shit when you know the possible responses.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast