Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    ya i hated in school having to read something i had written in front of the class.
    +1

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    NY Comedy Club in Boca has open mic nights and so does Hard Rock at the Improv. Let me know man we'll work on it together. Im planning on going to the Improv soon to do it myself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Thanks for the responses guys, I greatly appreciate the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericp View Post
    NY Comedy Club in Boca has open mic nights and so does Hard Rock at the Improv. Let me know man we'll work on it together. Im planning on going to the Improv soon to do it myself.
    Sounds great Eric! I could use a buddy to take some of the pressure off, how long have you been doing stand-up for?

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    A few minutes,lol. Its gonna be my first time also

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    TTT for myself

So far i've got about 15 minutes of solid any-audience material, and about 10 minutes of dirty material ...That's enough to get on stage with right? I have a couple jokes that are designed to bail myself out if I start to bomb... most notably the classic "so you guys like smokin weed?"... that always gets a positive reaction lol then I have some typical stoner jokes to follow up with that I THINK are original, but who knows. I'm kind of nervous that since I've listened to SOOOO many standup comics that I'm subconsciously going to steal someone's bit or punch line. How do comics avoid that? Do they just google the shit out of their jokes? I mean obviously at my extremely amateur level it probably doesn't even matter, but ideally I want to be 100% original ya know?

Anyway, my plan is to practice my bits in front of the mirror until I've got them down cold and am happy with my delivery, then sometime in the next couple weeks I will venture on stage for the first time. I don't want to invite any of the south floridians from the forum to watch my first time, but if I don't bomb too badly you guys are more than welcome to come to any future gigs. Either way my buddy will video tape my first time so if it's not too terribly mortifying I will post the video. I hope I get laughs, i've heard nearly everyone bombs the first time lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12