Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Because Brent isn't one of eddies "right hand men"?
    I think that's what he meant. Brent is a bb and that's why he took it that hard. Still don't think he should teach. May be truth to living vicariously through his daughter. He may be a bit of a n odd duck but being cslled as pedephile is a little harsh. All the rest about cteds and what it meand to our ranking system I agree with. Maybe after ignoring polite advice for so long tho it may have been needed.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Bruce couldn't handle 5 minutes of call of duty without chucking the xbox out the window.

I always thought it was weird he would post under his daughters name. I don't mind him posting so much about his daughter, she is good but he could have done it from his own account. If she can choke fools out she can post on this forum too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Probably getting to the point of piling on now. Lets go ahead and let this one die, fellers.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Probably getting to the point of piling on now. Lets go ahead and let this one die, fellers.
    I concur. Let'er die

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Yep lets move on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    I know I came off harsh. That was the point. The guy is outright delusional thinking he has any place teaching this sport. I don't want him in any way using our name to promote his bullshit. In a week he would be asking about hot box status and we would look like a joke having a guy lower than a white belt teaching. Just what we need, another fucking thing to make our vetting process come into question

You guys don't have as much to defend, but if eddies name goes to shit by being associated with douches then my name goes to shit too as one of his black belts.

How much you want to bet he would go into his daughters bjj school talking about his kids program. That would lead to gossip about us and it would spread like wildfire in Texas, thanks to our past with Brandon. Good riddance. Him deleting you guys from Facebook shows what a loon he was.
    This!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Man, I knew I should have posted on this shit yesterday. I have a lot to say, but what is the point. I respect everyone here and if my balls got to get busted every often, so be it. Rage quitting and deleting people on Facebook is not the characteristics of a mature, rational adult. Suck poison out before it spreads. At the end of the day, we are here to defend Eddie, his instructors and the integretity of the system. Don't want the truth, or handle constructive critism, don't do any martial arts at all, because it is the realist shit you could ever do. Bruce missed the point and for Cora and her journey that is nothing short of a God damn shame.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kyle Spalla again."

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Devils advocate here.

It seems everyone just automatically assumed that Bruce was going to set up mats in a dark, dingy garage and play with children behind a rolled down door.

Funny, I am a parent of a 13 year old girl who does Jiu Jitsu, and I visualized it as an open house, with proud parents standing around chatting in the laneway as Cora proceeded to show the basic RG path to a bunch of kids who don't even know what Guard is. Amazing how different peoples perspectives can be.

I remember when Cora's account was first opened up here; It was opened FOR CORA, but Bruce started posting under the account because, if memory serves, she was a little too young for some of the stuff that gets discussed around here, and likely doesn't have the interested in type-talking to bunch of grown men. The intent was never for Bruce to post under his daughters name. She wanted the account here after getting the RG book.
    If I recall, I believe he even talked about how he should probably open up another account under his own name, but some of the people here said "Fuck it, don't worry about it"

Brent, you did a great job of stopping a potential Garage-Box tragedy from happening in an effort to uphold 10P Quality Control Assurance. Perfect.
    Your assertions of creepiness are your own, and like anything, you have the right to your own opinions. However there is something to be said for tact. Or lack thereof.

Bruce: Man up. I told you back when you first started posting here that you should be rolling, and now instead you're running. That's bullshit. I have a shoulder that has come out of joint with full dislocations probably over 40 times. Jiu Jitsu made it better than ever. It was at a point where it would fall out in my sleep, but the exercises in JJ have given it strength. Injuries shouldn't stop you.
    The way you pulled away and started deleting facebook friends is displaying a man who does not have his ego in check. Only you can help that. My instructor Stew said it: Learn to eat Humble Pie.
    Show up for classes and learn.

You're still in my good books as a father and a friend to Cora. If you pull her out of Jiu Jitsu, you will have proven me wrong and shown me you are less than nothing.

A little something else to think about: Cora is growing up quickly. You're going to be entering years where your bond will not be the same as it is right now. Do you really want to take something away from her that she loves, just because you can't check your ego?
    Do you think she would ever forgive you for taking Jiu Jitsu away from her, even if she pretended to?
    Do you think you will be able to stop her, or control her every move as she becomes a young lady?

I believe she will be back in Jiu Jitsu with or without your blessings, and it is only a matter of time. If you pull her out, all you do is delay the inevitable and foster unnecessary resentment.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast