Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    I know I came off harsh. That was the point. The guy is outright delusional thinking he has any place teaching this sport. I don't want him in any way using our name to promote his bullshit. In a week he would be asking about hot box status and we would look like a joke having a guy lower than a white belt teaching. Just what we need, another fucking thing to make our vetting process come into question

You guys don't have as much to defend, but if eddies name goes to shit by being associated with douches then my name goes to shit too as one of his black belts.

How much you want to bet he would go into his daughters bjj school talking about his kids program. That would lead to gossip about us and it would spread like wildfire in Texas, thanks to our past with Brandon. Good riddance. Him deleting you guys from Facebook shows what a loon he was.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    I know I came off harsh. That was the point. The guy is outright delusional thinking he has any place teaching this sport. I don't want him in any way using our name to promote his bullshit. In a week he would be asking about hot box status and we would look like a joke having a guy lower than a white belt teaching. Just what we need, another fucking thing to make our vetting process come into question

You guys don't have as much to defend, but if eddies name goes to shit by being associated with douches then my name goes to shit too as one of his black belts.

How much you want to bet he would go into his daughters bjj school talking about his kids program. That would lead to gossip about us and it would spread like wildfire in Texas, thanks to our past with Brandon. Good riddance. Him deleting you guys from Facebook shows what a loon he was.
    Truth right here. For those that don't know Brent is referring to Brandon quick

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post

The only part I though was harsh is the implying he is a child molester.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    (Starts to slow clap)

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Well he definitely shouldn't be teaching, just dont know that it is a predator thing. Totally right about needing to be able to protect the integrity of the art through true capability.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    This is very true. I didn't even think of that aspect of it. I wasn't around for the Brandon quick drama although I heard bits and pieces while it was happening. The only aspect I honestly thought of was the safety of the little ones. To me his idea was equivalent to me saying I can fly a plane because I have looked over a couple books and saw a couple you tube videos so how about I take your kids on a free plane ride. No actual experience means its not a bad idea but a horrible idea!

He was given good advice a lot on this forum. He has been here longer than I have and he knows the advice is always given honestly and sometimes bluntly, most times it's needed though because previous attempts have failed.

I hate that Cora has been affected though. There is nothing worse than parents getting ego bruised and taking it out on the kids, especially if its something they love doing.

I really don't understand what everyone is getting bent out of shape about. What's wrong with a father being very supportive of his daughters interests. Sounds like a good father to me. Also, who said you can't teach what you don't do? "those who can't do, teach" and for any of you doubters, how do you think cora became a 10th planet monster? she doesn't train at a 10PJJ school and I highly doubt this little girl is on youtube studying techniques by herself. I'm pretty sure the evidence points directly to her 10P enthusiastic father. if he taught cora, I'm sure he would be able to at least teach other kids a few things (it's just kids. they mainly need a broad overview of technique, rather than very fine details. also he mentioned this was for kids who wouldn't be able to train elsewhere anyways). sure it would be best for him to train as well and I've seen him get a little bias when it comes his daughters skills (what parents aren't?) but I don't think any of this warranted throwing him under the bus and then reversing and running him over again. I thought this guy and his daughter were part of the "10PJJ family"? tough love? nah, that was pure hate. IMO they've done nothing but make believers out of 10PJJ doubters. Flame away idgaf.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    I really don't understand what everyone is getting bent out of shape about. What's wrong with a father being very supportive of his daughters interests. Sounds like a good father to me. Also, who said you can't teach what you don't do? "those who can't do, teach" and for any of you doubters, how do you think cora became a 10th planet monster? she doesn't train at a 10PJJ school and I highly doubt this little girl is on youtube studying techniques by herself. I'm pretty sure the evidence points directly to her 10P enthusiastic father. if he taught cora, I'm sure he would be able to at least teach other kids a few things (it's just kids. they mainly need a broad overview of technique, rather than very fine details. also he mentioned this was for kids who wouldn't be able to train elsewhere anyways). sure it would be best for him to train as well and I've seen him get a little bias when it comes his daughters skills (what parents aren't?) but I don't think any of this warranted throwing him under the bus and then reversing and running him over again. I thought this guy and his daughter were part of the "10PJJ family"? tough love? nah, that was pure hate. IMO they've done nothing but make believers out of 10PJJ doubters. Flame away idgaf.
    "those who can't do, teach" is an ironic saying used to imply that a teacher has less than impressive knowledge of the subject. At least where i come from. This isn't little league, there are legit safety reasons that coach should have direct experience. How do you think black belts in this system should feel about a half a fucking white belt saying hes going to start teaching people?

More importantly the overwhelming majority of the replies he got were not overly harsh. He responded like a drama queen to one reply. Thats where he lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    "those who can't do, teach" is an ironic saying used to imply that a teacher has less than impressive knowledge of the subject. At least where i come from. This isn't little league, there are legit safety reasons that coach should have direct experience. How do you think black belts in this system should feel about a half a fucking white belt saying hes going to start teaching people?

More importantly the overwhelming majority of the replies he got were not overly harsh. He responded like a drama queen to one reply. Thats where he lost me.
    correctly if I'm wrong but I don't think greg jackson has ever fought mma and he's one of the best coaches in the game. I'm sure Bruce has gone through the movements while trying to help cora learn the moves and obviously has a huge passion for it. so it's not like he has no experience. google "coaches that never played the sport" it's not uncommon. I'm not saying bruce is some master coach, I'm just saying it's possible.

also, how do you expect someone to reply when being accused of being a pedophile from people he considered to be friends? kindly? level headed?

I do agree that majority of the replies weren't harsh at all but there were a few nasty ones.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    correctly if I'm wrong but I don't think greg jackson has ever fought mma and he's one of the best coaches in the game. I'm sure Bruce has gone through the movements while trying to help cora learn the moves and obviously has a huge passion for it. so it's not like he has no experience. google "coaches that never played the sport" it's not uncommon. I'm not saying bruce is some master coach, I'm just saying it's possible.

also, how do you expect someone to reply when being accused of being a pedophile from people he considered to be friends? kindly? level headed?

I do agree that majority of the replies weren't harsh at all but there were a few nasty ones.
    I hear what you're saying. Bad example, though. Greg Jackson is a decades long Martial Artist.

I also think this is much different than traditional sports (basketball, baseball, etc...). We're doing 2 things here:
    a) teaching you how to hurt people
    b) teaching you how to keep yourself from being hurt

A guy who has never played basketball is gonna teach you poor form on a jump shot and have a team full of kids that can't handle a full-court press. It ain't the same thing. It's a liability issue for Bruce.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast