Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Agreed 100%!!!

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    agree. It doesn't make u a pussy, especially if you don't have the time to train often enough. I have to say though that I knew a someone who was one of the strongest at the gym and talked about competing but never did but doesn't mind having a training partner much weaker than him I find a bit pussyish.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    that's a good point, even if u don't compete doesn't mean you're not valuable to people that compete. These people are valuable to the team. You could have a lot of knowledge of jiu jitsu but not a whole lot of experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Broster View Post
    I agree Alder, competing isn't for everyone. Doesn't mean they can't enjoy training and be valuable team members

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Except in mma you can wake up a different person after beiong KOed. JJ is much safer so there is less importance to jumping in competition because of safety.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    true, renshi pat lavigne incouraged everyone to compete whiile I was in Ottawa. Even if you have been doing JJ for 3-4 months, just for the experience.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Agree 100%

I do think, however, that there are certain things that you can only learn through competing and losing. Winning is easy. Losing is hard.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I've have a history of really bad anxiety. I was never afraid of losing, but just the thought of going out to face someone, one on one, in front of a crowd of people has always been terrifying to me. With some encouragement at the gym, I forced myself to do every tournament I could. After dealing with the stress of waiting all day for matches, the anxiety of stepping out on the mat, and learning to stay calm while someone you don't know is attacking you, everything else in life has become much easier to deal with. Its a benefit I never expected and you just cant get that same experience from rolling with teammates at the gym.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    For me with 4 kids I have to choose wisely where I compete because an $85 entry fee is generally 2 pairs of shoes. So I have to ask myself whats more important my kids feet or a medal I'm gonna lose in a week.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I agree. I also disagree that the only way to get noticed in 10p is through comp. Herzog is a perfect example. Sure he spent his time putting it down, but he didn't get known in 10p from a bunch of killer comp videos. He is a genuine dude with a ton of knowledge that does anything and everything for the 10p family. How about Brandon mccaghren? Again, not pumping out a ton of killer comp vids, just another solid, genuine guy, putting a ton of energy into pushing the 10th planet team to the next level. There are several ways to get noticed in the 10p association, and all of them, start with genuinely, 100%, putting everything into pushing the 10p family to the next level.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mexico City
    Agree all the way!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast