Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet yuma
    Royler is the douche of the gracie family I can't wait to see master eddie fuck him up!!!!

Array

School
    no school in the area
    it's already a mental war......how can i get into eddie head and fuck him up it's kinda douchy but if he wants to play like that maby eddie has a couple surprises up his sleeve !!!

Metamoris (Ralek?) is responding to questions about the rule change on its Facebook page. Look in the comments to the picture of Royler they posted, Feb 15th. e.g.

Marco Leiva What is all this pant grabbing bullshit?, isn't nogi supposed to be gi-less ?
    Like · Reply · 2 · February 16 at 12:25am

Metamoris The term Gi is more so referring to the Gi top. Rickson wearing no shirt and Gi pants in the Gracie In Action videos is still considered no-Gi.
    Like · 3 · February 16 at 12:36am

Brian Tupper But the grabbing clothing by one participant, and not being allowed by the other? I man no disrespect...I just have never seen this. Tennis, boxing, jiu jitsu, mma, golf, football, arm wrestling... have never seen the rules be different for two playing in the same game or match. Regardless of contract...this seems really strange.
    Like · 3 · February 16 at 12:40am

Metamoris I have been told that Eddie declined the need to grab Roylers uniform. With that said, it seems to balance the advantage Eddie will have to drying Royler off and maintaining better grip with his legs (using Gi pants) throughout the match. It seems "even" for that reason. It also makes no sense technically for Eddie to grab a rash guard or compression shorts (Royler's uniform) because they provide no major stability and the weak material gives no real advantage or lasting control. Thank you for caring so much about this stuff and taking the time to comment your opinion.
    Like · 1 · February 16 at 1:28am · Edited

Bill Keeling In any No-Gi match it is illegal to grab your opp's clothing period. Are you saying this is okay with Metamoris? THIS IS YOUR ORG, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR RULES... Not positive, but I'm pretty sure no other org changes rules for only one player let alone change them at all.
    Like · 3 · February 16 at 1:51am

John Spence In short, yes, it is.
    Like · February 16 at 7:48am

Metamoris (I'm pretty sure it's Ralek since he often slips into first person) seems to be copying and pasting the same response to most things:

"I have been told that Eddie declined the need to grab Roylers uniform. With that said, it seems to balance the advantage Eddie will have to drying Royler off and maintaining better grip with his legs (using Gi pants) throughout the match. It seems "even" for that reason. It also makes no sense technically for Eddie to grab a rash guard or compression shorts (Royler's uniform) because they provide no major stability and the weak material gives no real advantage or lasting control. Thank you for caring so much about this stuff and taking the time to comment your opinion."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    LOL I wonder if Royler expected this backlash. Definitely taints his image. Win or lose, he still lost just because of this. And when he loses, it's only going to make the loss more bitter since he wasn't able to win even with the twisted rules.

In the no-gi competitions in my area you may choose to wear gi bottoms but it is legal for your opponent to grab them if you do. Only problem I have is that Eddie is not being given the option to change his mind about which bottoms he wants to wear. In the end though, if Eddie doesn't care, I don't either.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    lol for realzies. This escapade is going to taint the Gracie name. What would Helio say?

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Royler disGracie! This is hidiculous!!!

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn reyes View Post
    making you wear gi pants in a no-gi match.
    That's an armbar.
    hahahahahahah

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    i kinda feel like people are making a way bigger deal about this than it is. royler is gonna wear little booty shorts, and hes gonna be sweaty and greasy. eddie gets to wear pants and eliminate sweaty oil wrestling slipperyness. royler gets to grab the pants? ok? i dont think its gonna be a match where thats such a huge advantage. I'm pretty sure eddie is gonna pull half, and latch on to him immediately like an annaconda. Is royler scared so he made extra rules? yes. Are they only favoring royler? probably not. (no chance of sweat sliding out of a gi pant triangle. just saying.)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast