Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    This adds to the story. My friends were making it out as if Royler's lawyer came out of nowhere with the demand to wear gi pants after Eddie publicized that he was wearing spats when, in fact, Eddie was reneging on a verbal agreement. That makes more sense.
    Reneging is not used correctly. There was no discussion about pants grabbing. Eddie could've assumed Royler meant "Don't change your mind because I'll be training against guys in gi pants." The conversation wasn't "Don't change your mind because I want to grab your pants."

There's two sides to an agreement. Both parties didn't come to a legit conclusion. There is no reneging. Royler's still a douche for this.

Array

School
    4 parts of a contract
    http://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/f...of-a-contract/

offer
    acceptance
    Intention
    Consideration

IMO, the part where the verbal contract falls apart is the intention. Both parties were not fully aware of each other's intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Eddie: Can I wear gi pants?

Royler: As long as you don't change your mind

Then I assume it went like this:

Eddie: never mind, I want shorts and spats. Don't want to have my pants grabbed.

Royler: I'll sue or back out of the fight.

Here is how I think it might have gone down:

Eddie: Can I wear gi pants?
    Thinks: (That would give me a great advantage to hold him in my guard since I am a big advocate of wearing gi pants for nogi and always talk about the advantages they bring)

Royler: As long as you don't change your mind
    Thinks (I don't care if you have an advantage in gi pants as long as I'm allowed to break open your guard the same way I break out of anyone with gi pants' guard; using grips)

Eddie thinks: (What did Royler mean by don't change your mind? Oh man, now he's got the advantage! Shit! I'm wearing spats now!)

Royler thinks: (We have an agreement, your terms in fact, and you aren't going to flip flop. Talk to my lawyer.)

Honestly, guys, it's one thing to be loyal to Eddie as a part of the 10th planet system, but it isn't fair to call Royler a "douche", "foyler", etc., etc. He didn't bring the gi pants into the equation. It was all Eddie.

Array

School
    Bruh, even in your description you have Royler withholding his intentions. Eddie didn't hide his intentions. Eddie wanted gi pants for grip. He wasn't trying to pull a fast one. Royler is the one who said "don't change your mind" but didn't explain why. So when the truth comes out, Eddie says forget it, I don't want my pants pulled. Royler turns douche mode on and has his lawyer get involved.

Sorry bruh, but that's douchey as hell. It's a no gi fight. No gi meaning the gi should not be a factor. If Royler wasn't a douche he would've said, "Sure as long as I"m able to pull on them." Nope. He kept his agenda hidden AND got his lawyer involved. If you don't see that as douchey, you're likely wearing a gi fabric blind fold.

Dude, they both withheld their intentions. Eddie didn't give Royler the reason why he wanted to wear pants and Royler didn't give any reason why he agreed.

I'm not wearing a blindfold. It's an unbiased opinion of the events as I read them.

Keep drinking the cool aide, man.

To be honest, I think this whole thing is bullshit. Eddie shouldn't have asked to wear gi pants and Royler shouldn't have excepted. As of right now, the fight is illegitimate because they both had an excuse if they lose.

If Eddie wins, Royler could say its because of the superior grip his pants had.
    If Royler wins, Eddie could say its because Royler was allowed to grip his pants.

If I were Relek, I would make them fight butt ass naked at this point so there are no excuses on either side.

Array

School
    Dude, they both withheld their intentions. Eddie didn't give Royler the reason why he wanted to wear pants and Royler didn't give any reason why he agreed.

I'm not wearing a blindfold. It's an unbiased opinion of the events as I read them.

Keep drinking the cool aide, man.
    Son, no one in that room was naive about Eddie's reason for wanting to wear gi pants. How did he withhold his intentions? He talks about it publicly. Everyone knows why Eddie wears gi pants. Royler simply saying "Don't change your mind" doesn't reveal his intentions. It's not bias. It's logic.

Array

School
    To be honest, I think this whole thing is bullshit. Eddie shouldn't have asked to wear gi pants and Royler shouldn't have excepted. As of right now, the fight is illegitimate because they both had an excuse if they lose.

If Royler wins, Eddie could say its because Royler was allowed to grip his pants.

If I were Relek, I would make them fight butt ass naked at this point so there are no excuses on either side.
    If Eddie wins Royler can't say shit cuz he had the advantage of pulling the pants, and he also has trained gi since childhood so he should know how to deal with it. He would have absolutely no excuse.

If Royler wins as a direct result of pulling pants, then yeah, Eddie could say that there was an unfair advantage.

For a no gi competition to have gi pulling only for one competitor, it's ridiculous. Royler's a douche bruh. No way around it.

Array

School
    cobra kai

Lol yeah, grappling naked is the only logical conclusion. Eddie should win by triangle again too for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    ...he also has trained gi since childhood so he should know how to deal with it.
    That's the worst...reasoning...ever! Royler has been training in the gi since childhood. You know how he deals with it? By grabbing the gi! That's the whole point of the the gi, lol. On the same point, don't forget that Eddie received his Black belt from Jean Jaques Machado in the gi. He should also know how to deal with it.

I don't know about your gym, if you even train at a gym Mr. Ronin with 10P Rochester roots, but at my gym and any other gym I've ever been to if you show up to a nogi class wearing gi pants, you should expect for them to get grabbed. If you don't want them to get grabbed, show up in the proper attire like everyone else!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast