Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside

javi vazquez working the Rubber Guard

Funny Javi Vazquez used to be a rival to Eddie back in the days against eachother in BJJ matches now hes working lots of rubber guard in his match tonight tried to work the meathook got mission control crackhead control i belive he had chill dog at one point too
    Last edited by Daniel Elizondo; 11-11-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix and Fabio Santos BJJ (Team Monstro)
    yeah he started to go for the kung fu move and worked mostly the meat hook think he still needs more practice

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Did he have a Gracie University patch on his butt and was using Rubber Guard? Oil just became soluble.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Too bad he didnt know to trap the arm and take new york because he had it so many times, so many free new yorks, if he knew ANY FINISHES from the rubber guard he would have won that fight so fast! So obvious that all he knew was mission control and that maybe throw the other leg up or put the foot on the other side of the head but he clearly didnt know shit beyond that! Come on! DENNY GET IN THE UFC AND SHOW THEM WTF RUBBER GUARD IS, thanks.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    Did he have a Gracie University patch on his butt and was using Rubber Guard? Oil just became soluble.
    He's married to a Gracie.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    HUG THE FUCKING KNEE!!!

To everybody that asks, "Why do all these wrestlers stand up and power out of my rubber guard?" watch this fight. Notice how low Javi's hips were, how squared up Javi's hips were, and how he didn't hug the knee or properly isolate the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Elizondo View Post
    Funny Javi Vazquez used to be a rival to Eddie back in the days against eachother in BJJ matches now hes working lots of rubber guard in his match tonight tried to work the meathook got mission control crackhead control i belive he had chill dog at one point too
    Javi and Eddie are friends.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    HUG THE FUCKING KNEE!!!

To everybody that asks, "Why do all these wrestlers stand up and power out of my rubber guard?" watch this fight. Notice how low Javi's hips were, how squared up Javi's hips were, and how he didn't hug the knee or properly isolate the shoulder.
    First of all, Javi is a well known black belt and is really cool to a lot of 10th Planet guys.

Secondly Javi's Rubber Guard wasn't bad.

For the most part he didn't hug the knee because he was playing the Meat Hook game for the majority of the fight. Also, his problem with Chad standing and powering out wasn't a knee hugging issue, it was because he didn't transition from the Meat Hook to Crack Head when Chad stood up. That would have placed a larger emphasis on controlling the stack and would have most likely stopped Chad from being able to just straight up muscle out.

For a guy who doesn't regularly train with Eddie he actually utilized RG successfully to nullify a lot of Chad's athleticism, at one point Javi almost had a Free New York, he showed he has the flexibility for Crack Head control and his transitions back and forth from RG to other positions were fluid.

I respect Javi a lot. He's a black belt and has wicked Jiu Jitsu.
    Last edited by Jason Eisner; 11-11-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    First of all, Javi is a well known black belt and is really cool to a lot of 10th Planet guys.

Secondly Javi's Rubber Guard wasn't bad.

For the most part he didn't hug the knee because he was playing the Meat Hook game for the majority of the fight. Also, his problem with Chad standing and powering out wasn't a knee hugging issue, it was because he didn't transition from the Meat Hook to Crack Head when Chad stood up. That would have placed a larger emphasis on controlling the stack and would have most likely stopped Chad from being able to just straight up muscle out.

For a guy who doesn't regularly train with Eddie he actually utilized RG successfully to nullify a lot of Chad's athleticism, at one point Javi almost had a Free New York, he showed he has the flexibility for Crack Head control and his transitions back and forth from RG to other positions were fluid.

I respect Javi a lot. He's a black belt and has wicked Jiu Jitsu.
    Sorry for the criticism. I didn't mean to offend any people here I was just speaking as a detached viewer of a fight on my tv. I understand that he was using the meat hook but he seemed too far underneath for that to be an effective option.

Again, I apologize for offending any friends of Javi as my comments were only made in a vacuum between my tv and my laptop.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Sorry for the criticism. I didn't mean to offend any people here I was just speaking as a detached viewer of a fight on my tv. I understand that he was using the meat hook but he seemed too far underneath for that to be an effective option.

Again, I apologize for offending any friends of Javi as my comments were only made in a vacuum between my tv and my laptop.

dont apologize for speaking your mind...to my knowledge this site is a place we can be honest about our opinions and talk about jiu-jitsu..i agree with you,,while it was cool to see him go into the RG..(im deff not a rg expert) it was obvious that he wasnt doing it right...the three people i watched it withh that are big MMA fans but dont do jiu-jitsu kept asking me why was he going to it over and over and not trying something else

RG is cool but if your not sinking it in for one reason or another ,switch to something else,seemed more like bad stradegy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast