Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Yeah, sitting straight up/away is typically the response i get from anyone thats been caught in it a couple times.. Ive been trying to attach myself to them by hooking their head or arm so i can go up with them when they posture.. but realistically i think the better option would be just to go for the sweep/recovery like you said. I just attach myself bc thats the primary sub Ive been working on so I dont want to lose the position. lol. Though recently Ive been having a lot of success from top side with it. Same basic setup for the most part.. then just roll at the end to catch their arm. Its cool having another guy working on it.. let alone a moon head.. Thats going to cut out so much trial/error time and shortcut the refining process.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    Its cool having another guy working on it..
    I'll be down there for Eddie's seminar next month, so hunt me down and we'll rep some of the set ups I have for it and I'd love to see what you're doing with it as well!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Sounds awesome! Ill definitely be here

Ok, this ginger snap or shylock series intrigues me. Couple of years ago I was playing with some setups that are similiar but not even close to the technicality of these ones. I must go and play with these and the old ones that I have forgotten. Thanks!

Array

School
    AMC Pankration
    Quote Originally Posted by david rosado View Post
    look up budo jake's rolled up with nino schembri. All that bottom side mount stuff is some of my sneaky stuff that i catch every so often. Be mindful not to get your back or arm taken though.
    this

Array

School
    New Breed MMA academy
    the ginger snap looks uber sexy ..kudos to the Decatur dudes for exploring such a sneaky move. cheers!

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post
    I wanna see this one!
    If I remember I'll try to record it tonight and shoot you a private link.

Array

School
    Scottish hit Squad
    I think last weekend's ufc showed a great example with that darce from side control bottom

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    Lately i've been playing with getting a Free NY from letting the guy on the bottom sweep me while im mounting them. Its a Risk vs Reward kinda situation though....

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I absolutely love taking ankles from being arm barred. Once you get your elbow safe, their leg is on the wrong side of your body and you can sit back for a straight ankle or heel hook

Imanari hits it from the triangle escape, but it's a similar idea (from 3:07):

Lovin' the ginger snap. I have to try that out, as well as the Nino Schembri escapes/counters. I get really lax about letting people pass my guard, lol.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast