Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    I'm just showing a single move
    Uh huh...

I have been playing with this since I saw it in MTS for the first time. It's really impressive control position and you proved to everyone that the guillotine is mad legit. In this occasion I hate my short limbs since it's almost impossible for me to get that reverse cable grip. Sometime I can get S-grip on and finish with it but i'm definetely waiting for new inventions on how to submit from hindu control thank you for the video and your innovativity!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks for the video. I've been playing with this for about a month now and was able to hit it twice while rolling last week.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    This is sick, time to start hitting the reps in practice, can't wait to post a comp finish with this

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I did some drilling and got some live reps with it last night. I actually have better flexibility to get hindu control on my weak side, but then again, I'm one of those weirdos that plays rubber guard back and forth on both side. I don't feel it putting any torque on my knee at all the though. It feels more like tightness in my hip on the side that I struggle with.

During live rolls, I am able to get to hindu control pretty easily, but I struggle to get a good grip together to finish the choke. I can barely get my fingertips together when the guy is resisting. I think I just need to work on sitting up higher so I can get my arms deeper?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Campagnola View Post
    I did some drilling and got some live reps with it last night. I actually have better flexibility to get hindu control on my weak side, but then again, I'm one of those weirdos that plays rubber guard back and forth on both side. I don't feel it putting any torque on my knee at all the though. It feels more like tightness in my hip on the side that I struggle with.

During live rolls, I am able to get to hindu control pretty easily, but I struggle to get a good grip together to finish the choke. I can barely get my fingertips together when the guy is resisting. I think I just need to work on sitting up higher so I can get my arms deeper?
    I just like to chill out in hindu control. When the opponent doesn't feel like they're being attacked, they will start to test your posture control. When they do, their neck is wide open. But that being said, if they are resisting, that means a bunch of other attacks are open. Dead orchard their arm, kick around and triangle, 100% to stocks or regular guillotine etc. In order to resist the choke, they have to bring their elbows in.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Starting to get to it relatively easy in live rolls. Loving it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    'Jail bar' I totally feel it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    'Jail bar' I totally feel it.
    Jail bar?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Good question. So don't think of your hindu control hand as your choking hand, think of it as a jail bar you are placing on the side of his neck. You are using this arm to control and lock him in place. It's stopping him from being able to pass, pull out or posture. So keep it straight up and down like a jail bar right across his neck. Your free hand is the one that will come in and turn it into a choke. Just reach your free hand in and grab your hindu hand and then raise both elbows as high as you can. The most powerful grip is reverse gable, palm to palm, but realistically you can grab however much of your hand as you can and then just raise. I've even grabbed his blocking hand before and finished with it. When you raise both of your elbows, the choke happens pretty quick so you have a good amount of room for a loose grip. If he is defending the grip well though, that means his elbow is in and you can go to the triangle.
    This breakdown Brent. I'm using the principle in other posish as well.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast