Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy

Respect

For those who don't know, 10th Planet Charlotte only became official on August 1st. With the recent post of the 10th Planet Hate thread I just wanted to post about how I've had quite the opposite experience here.

Charlotte is a tough market for a 10th Planet school (especially run by a blue belt). We have multiple black belts in the area and a ton of affiliates including Gracie Barra, Alliance, Royce Network, Hayastan, Team One, Pedro Sauer Affiliate, etc.
    I'm extremely grateful for the fact that I've had personal messages sent from EVERY head instructor from around the area welcoming me and inviting me to train with them for free anytime. I have of course taken every single one up on their offer and I think gained a lot of respect from each of them for doing so. I know a lot of egos stop people from doing this.
    I've even had 4 different Gracie black belts stop in to train with us within the past 6 weeks. We even have one of them teach on Saturdays here at 10th Planet Charlotte.

Point being, I've gone out of my way to do everything I can to be on great terms with everybody and it has paid off ten fold. It irritates me to read all the threads about hate. It goes both ways. I know a lot of guys will still talk shit no matter what you do. Just do you thing on the mats. Respect goes a long way.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Amen
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Hopefully they wont share the 10P system with Royler before him and Eddie fight again. :P

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Facility74 View Post
    Hopefully they wont share the 10P system with Royler before him and Eddie fight again. :P
    I'm sure Royler is drilling defense. The problem is, I don't think he has anything new in his pocket. Eddie on the other hand is a whole different animal ; )

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    i like you, helton. i have found the same thing to be true here. keep the positive attitude flowing, friend.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    i like you, helton. i have found the same thing to be true here. keep the positive attitude flowing, friend.
    I like Helton too, maybe tooooooooo much. *imagination*

Too bad we cant get Triad to play nice with us, Brandon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    word

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Palmer View Post
    I like Helton too, maybe tooooooooo much. *imagination*

Too bad we cant get Triad to play nice with us, Brandon.
    but to their credit, i don't hear them out bashing on 10th planet or eddie. they just kinda believe it's their way or no way. they have by far the highest ranking instructor around. i would love to go over there and learn from them.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    I also have read a number of 10th planet hate threads, but have never seen it with any schools in CT.

I was introduced to the 10th planet system from a Gracie Purple belt who teaches sometimes at the Gracie School and uses rubber guard occasionally in tournaments. He told me about it and let me borrow the DVD.

At my current school, I started looking to pull half guard to use Eddie's techniques and my instructor complemented me on the success I was having with it and encouraged me to keep working on it.

Many BJJ guys only know 10th planet by name, but when they see something that works, they'll respect it and maybe even incorporate it into their game.

Well guys dont understand 10th planet fully at my school. sometimes guy says its useless. but ive been getting some taps so they haven't been so negative lately. they are still good guys and nice. they need to understand that just because sometimes a guy with 4 years experience escapes my one year of experience rubber guard that that doesn't make rubber guard useless.. Get in eddies guard and see if you can escape. im just sayingkjahs;ghdsg;

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast